Nick Kyrgios banned from tennis for three weeks after bad boy 'gave up’ during match
NICK KYRGIOS has been suspended from tennis for at least three weeks following his controversial exit from the Shanghai Masters last week.
The Australian admitted he "took the easy way out" after appearing to give up during a 6-3 6-1 defeat to qualifier Mischa Zverev in the second round.
On several occasions, Kyrgios patted down tame serves or even just wandered off court while the rally was still going on.
He was fined a total of 16,500 US dollars (£13,500) on Thursday but has now been fined a further USD25,000 (£20,500) in addition to the suspension.
Click to play Tap to play... read more
- 00:26 Teenagers to find out A-level results
- 00:26 Stevie Ward: Leeds Rhinos star is perfect role model for all of...
- 00:24 US calls for 'major' Nafta overhaul
- 00:19 10 common myths about schizophrenia that are just not true
- 00:18 Freeze-dried dung gives clue to Asian elephant stress
- 00:17 Got your A-level results? Here’s how to decide where you want to go...
- 00:17 Didn’t get the A-level results you wanted? Here’s what you should do
- 00:17 You’ve missed your university offers – so how does Clearing work?
- 00:15 Virgil van Dijk in London: Chelsea target’s location exposed on...
- 00:15 Christian Pulisic to Liverpool: Star prefers move to Real Madrid or...
- 00:14 Cumbrian teen to meet Prime Minister today
- 00:13 Call for extra care home places as demand predicted to soar
- 00:13 Terror hotline tip-offs soar by 600 per cent after UK attacks
- 00:13 A-level results: Top tips for caring parents
- 00:13 A-level results: Finding your perfect course through the clearing...
- 00:13 A-Level Results Day 2017: Students receive grades after major shake-up
- 00:13 This is why children and teenagers eating breakfast is so important
- 00:11 Brum bin workers crush council cut
- 00:07 Trump happy Kim has delayed plans
- 00:07 Palestine: Protesters shot at trying to prevent house demolition
- 00:07 Northern Ireland: May spurns physical north-south border
- 00:07 May refuses to rule out state visit despite latest bigotry
- 00:07 Corbyn slams ‘nazi-like’ Islamophobia in the Sun
- 00:07 Britain plummeting into a ‘cost-of-living crisis’
- 00:07 Fracking: Shale rock professor says UK gas reserves 'hyped'
- 00:06 West Ham chairman David Sullivan working 20 hour days during summer...
- 00:04 Real Madrid 2 - Barcelona 0 (5-1 agg): Asensio and Benzema seal...
- 00:04 Everton boss Ronald Koeman refuses to rule out deal for Chelsea...
- 00:04 Real Madrid v Barcelona: Five things we learned from Zinedine...
- 00:00 Cineworld’s living staff deserve a living wage