NHS would collapse without foreign workers, warn leading nurses
The National Health Service would not be able to cope without foreign workers, nursing leaders have warned.
New data suggests the amount of non-British EU nationals joining the NHS soared, with around one in five nurses recruited in England in 2015/2016 identified as EU nationals.
News reporter warns viewers ‘your kids will die’ in Hurricane Matthew Within the same time period, the amount of British nurses joining UK hospitals dropped from 87% to 70%.
The Royal College of Nursing said the figures demonstrate what a vital role foreign workers play in keeping the NHS up and running.
Foreign... read more
- 05:37 Awaiting the dawn at Stonehenge: midnight parties - archive, 1928
- 05:35 McLaren make huge offer for 'king of the market' Daniel Ricciardo –...
- 05:31 Alder Hey rated 'outstandingly' caring in most recent inspection...
- 05:31 Brave police officers risked their lives to stop man falling from...
- 05:25 If your children have these names you can get into Legoland Windsor...
- 05:24 From Stonehenge to Iceland's Arctic Henge, by motorbike – photo essay
- 05:21 Birmingham Post Business Awards sponsors enjoy Belfry breakfast
- 05:21 'I trust him': Minnesota crowd split on immigration but refuse to...
- 05:16 Oldest Homo sapiens bones ever found shake foundations of the human...
- 05:15 England’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek wants bigger Chelsea role or may leave
- 05:07 'Let the adventure begin!' - What you had to say about the high...
- 05:07 Shocking pictures show the horrific places where homeless people...
- 04:43 Absolute Bowie celebrates the life of David Bowie at Burton's...
- 04:39 The Grimsby taxi drivers who have become unlikely icons of...
- 04:36 Jacinda Ardern #babywatch sends New Zealand media gaga
- 04:34 Hull man hacks victim's emails and calls them 90 times a day
- 04:34 Heart Awards 2018: How to nominate your unsung hero
- 04:27 Charlottesville organiser plans Washington DC rally
- 04:16 Tesco 'planning' discount chain to take on Aldi and Lidl
- 04:06 In pictures: Isle of Wight Festival at 50
- 04:06 Ed Sheeran: Travel and ticket warning for Cardiff concerts
- 04:06 Family's £15k debt from fight against Section 322(5) immigration rule
- 04:03 National Enquirer publisher subpoenaed in Michael Cohen inquiry
- 03:42 Research backs English as key to development
- 03:38 Trump at rally: family separation outcry is a distraction by Democrats
- 03:28 Sex, drugs and A&E: 10 charts on how the under-30s use the NHS
- 03:21 Donald Trump 'lacks character' for hotel liquor licence
- 03:21 Western Australia defends decision to search live sheep exporter's...
- 03:13 Daimler expects lower 2018 earnings due to new tariffs
- 02:57 Brexit: Theresa May vows 'smooth and orderly' EU exit