NHS will pay for last chance lung cancer pill: Hundreds set to benefit from tumour-busting drug that uses a patient's genetics to target the illness
Hundreds of lung cancer patients are to benefit from a revolutionary tumour-busting drug after it was approved for use on the NHS.
Osimertinib is one of the first in a new generation of precision medicines that use patients’ genetics to target the individual characteristics of their illness.
The drug, made by British drugs firm AstraZeneca, last night became the first to be approved for the revamped Cancer Drugs Fund.
The daily tablets target non-small-cell lung cancer tumours among people who have a specific genetic mutation which means they have stopped responding to earlier treatments.... read more
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John
- 17:10 Running advice from a professional: Olympic champion Desiree Henry
- 17:10 Europa League team of the week: Which Manchester United star made...
- 17:10 Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson engage in epic back and forth...
- 17:10 Jurgen Klopp reveals injury to Liverpool star in training: Two...
- 17:10 Andy Hinchcliffe predicts Championship promotion race: These four...
- 17:10 Chelsea plot Serie A raid: Blues keen on Lazio star, £21m fee...
- 17:09 Penrith man admits child porn crimes
- 17:09 Team news, predictions and key battles ahead of Grimsby Town's...
- 17:08 Images released after shop thefts totalling over £2,000
- 17:08 Perfect storm as Wetherby residents object to green belt plans
- 17:08 Campaign to name Harrogate bypass after legendary historic figure
- 17:08 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 17:08 Single white rose tribute to Melton councillor Val Manderson
- 17:07 Manchester City ace: I want to play with this Liverpool star
- 17:07 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:07 Antonio Conte puts Chelsea players through their paces with Blues...
- 17:07 Coventry City boss Russell Slade to set Kwame Thomas 'targets'
- 17:06 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...