NHS will get more money as a result of Brexit, insists Iain Duncan Smith
The prominent Brexiteer said he was happy with the way things were progressing, 100 days on from the historic vote on June 23.
And he dismissed claims about the cost of exiting the EU, saying it was small in comparison to the "billions" the UK gives the EU each year.
Questioned over the controversial £350 million figure that the Vote Leave campaign promised could go to the NHS, he told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "The £350 million is the amount of money per week, approximately ... that actually goes across to the European Union.
"The amount that we get back through... read more
- 17:37 Harry Redknapp reveals how he's transformed Birmingham City
- 17:36 Watch: Shocking rise of brutal prison 'fight clubs' in Midlands
- 17:36 Pep Guardiola gives update on two Man City injuries after...
- 17:35 Woman hit by Mathew Street bouncer and two other most-watched...
- 17:35 Deadly drug up to 100 times stronger than heroin could be on...
- 17:35 Wrexham AFC's season ends with a frustrating draw which sums up the...
- 17:34 Music festival shows Leeds is live and kicking
- 17:33 Election campaign intensifies in Cumbria as more candidates selected
- 17:32 Game of Thrones season 7: Ed Sheeran just dropped a HUGE spoiler...
- 17:32 EastEnders to air 'special scene' linking soap to Kat and Alfie...
- 17:31 Wary of Trump, EU courts Iran to boost moderates before polls
- 17:31 Vaisakhi 2017: City centre becomes spectacle of colour as thousands...
- 17:30 Former Everton star: I'd prefer to sign for Tottenham over Arsenal
- 17:30 Pics: Manchester United star makes hilarious mistake against Swansea
- 17:30 How Sunderland fans reacted to owner Ellis Short's relegation apology
- 17:30 Celtic and Rangers fans come together in heartwarming moment of...
- 17:30 There is just a week left to spend or bank your old paper fivers
- 17:29 There is just a week left to spend or bank your old paper fivers
- 17:30 Fans question future leadership of Sunderland in aftermath of...
- 17:29 Firefighters tackle Shirebrook grass fire
- 17:28 Lewis Hamilton lets sparks fly as Sebastian Vettel gives Felipe...
- 17:28 There is just a week left to spend or bank your old paper fivers
- 17:27 The tale of Hoppers’ season in one game
- 17:26 Hospitals stuck with ‘requires improvement’ rating
- 17:26 Girl left with pervert Stefan Toole for long weekend was sexually...
- 17:25 Family 'agonising' over missing Michael Price's disappearance as it...
- 17:25 U.S.-led fight on Islamic State have killed 352 civilians - Pentagon
- 17:25 There is just a week left to spend or bank your old paper fivers
- 17:25 Tributes for kind and caring Barley man
- 17:23 Hundreds of bikers set off on charity convoy from West Bridgford