NHS Wales: £700m 'black hole' fear as pressures rise
The NHS in Wales could face a £700m black hole in its finances in just three years time according to new research by leading experts.
The health service here is "currently facing the most financially challenging period in its history", according to the Health Foundation think-tank.
The shortfall would be equivalent to more than 10% of what NHS Wales currently spends in an entire year.
It also warns the costs of social care might nearly double by 2030-31.
Click to see content: nhsfinance2 PRESSURES AS WALES GROWS - AND GROWS OLDER
The foundation's analysis suggests NHS Wales could... read more
- 12:48 YP Letters: Russell Watson just too loud for Royal Hall audience
- 12:48 West Brom next manager odds: Flurry of bets on surprise candidate
- 12:48 YP Letters: Customs union move another nail in the coffin for House...
- 12:48 Two vehicle crash causing heavy traffic on west Cumbria road
- 12:48 Mikael Forssell - a look back at Birmingham City's most 'merciless'...
- 12:48 Why supporters face danger in Rome... Roma ultras run riot in the...
- 12:47 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:47 Windscreen of Flybe passenger jet cracks at 12,000ft minutes after...
- 12:47 Is this the UK's most remote eco-home? Unique 'pod' on the Isle of...
- 12:46 Wembley Stadium set to be sold by FA in astonishing £800m deal as...
- 12:45 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:45 BREAKING: Ulverston Beehive hub approved
- 12:44 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:44 Tristan Thompson grateful ‘there’s someone else people can be angry...
- 12:44 Jodie Marsh’s ex James Placido remarries months after bitter divorce
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...