NHS Junior Doctors begin working under disputed new contract in a 'sense of chaos'
A pressure group has said, there is a sense of chaos in the NHS as junior doctors begin working under a heavily disputed new contract.
Obstetrics and gynaecology trainees started moving on to the new contract on Wednesday, with everyone working below consultant level set to move to it over the next year.
The Junior Doctors' Alliance (JDA) has described widespread confusion among trainees, with many still wishing to oppose its terms.
It criticised the British Medical Association (BMA), which called off strike action planned for the run-up to Christmas, saying it had failed to provide clear... read more
- 12:11 British woman’s five-year prison sentence on ‘secret...
- 12:11 Hat-trick of venues in the running for wedding award
- 12:11 Care home is rated as good after recent CQC inspection
- 12:11 Foul-mouthed woman assaulted hospital receptionist after bust-up...
- 12:10 Wrexham AFC fans left to wonder what might have been
- 12:09 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 12:08 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 12:08 Museum is back in business for 2017
- 12:07 MK Dons 5 Northampton Town 3 – match review, player ratings and...
- 12:07 Ministers covered up failed Trident test before crucial vote
- 12:05 Heydour Parish Hall hosts ’20s era jazz quintet
- 12:04 Jack Wilshere says Wayne Rooney is the best he’s played with and...
- 12:02 Police believe missing man could be in Cumbria
- 12:01 Hall ready to embark on revenge mission
- 12:01 Hugill hails PNE's character after firing them to Aston Villa point
- 12:01 Chorley 2, Altrincham 0
- 12:00 Indonesian authorities detain 17 nationals returning from Syria
- 12:00 Syrian army and allies take village from Islamic State
- 11:59 George Michael’s ex claims a sex drug addiction may have led to...
- 11:59 'Lightbulb' moment for Lindley Clock Tower 115 years after it was...
- 11:59 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is fed up with Reds goal trait
- 11:55 Aston Villa transfer rumour: Steve Bruce eyes Premier League swap...
- 11:55 Police investigating Perry Barr 'shooting' after reports of gunfire
- 11:55 Jonathan Kodjia has this message for Aston Villa fans after Preston...
- 11:54 Keates on Wrexham AFC's wasted chances and Rooney's goal
- 11:54 Chester FC 1 Wrexham AFC 1: How the players rated
- 11:53 Queen's chaplain resigns over Glasgow cathedral Koran row