NHS Junior Doctors begin working under disputed new contract in a 'sense of chaos'
A pressure group has said, there is a sense of chaos in the NHS as junior doctors begin working under a heavily disputed new contract.
Obstetrics and gynaecology trainees started moving on to the new contract on Wednesday, with everyone working below consultant level set to move to it over the next year.
The Junior Doctors' Alliance (JDA) has described widespread confusion among trainees, with many still wishing to oppose its terms.
It criticised the British Medical Association (BMA), which called off strike action planned for the run-up to Christmas, saying it had failed to provide clear... read more
- 16:36 23-year-old accused of possessing child abuse images to appear in...
- 16:36 Man to face magistrates over alleged dangerous dog attack
- 16:36 Scottish X Factor reject blasts Nicole Scherzinger and accuses her...
- 16:36 AI creates gallery of nightmare images for Halloween
- 16:35 Leicester’s hospitals have 1,300 patients waiting over a MONTH for...
- 16:35 Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- 16:33 Investigation after blaze rips through terraced Birstall house
- 16:33 Next IMF aid tranche demands tough, Ukraine official warns
- 16:32 Outraged MP tweets photo of 'xenophobic' refugee poster in Parliament
- 16:32 Mark Carney 'understands' savers' anger with low interest rates as...
- 16:32 'Wonky' Harris Hawk stolen in break-in
- 16:31 Charitable young people help renovate Nelson centre
- 16:31 Jack O'Connell to star in Alexander McQueen biopic
- 16:30 Schweinsteiger belongs on Manchester United team sheet says German...
- 16:30 Guardiola reluctant to throw Man City kids in against Manchester...
- 16:30 Halloween makeup: How to do this spooky skeleton manicure
- 16:29 Why can’t the NHS treat my mental health as effectively as my cancer?
- 16:29 Libyan interference in rescue may have caused 30 migrant deaths -...
- 16:28 Anglesey Aluminium demolition starts to make way for £1bn biomass park
- 16:28 NHS fertility pioneer who helped thousands have children dies at...
- 16:28 Nazi POW's postcard returned to family by teacher
- 16:27 Police provide update over shocking footage of girl beaten in...
- 16:26 ‘Fascinating’ photographic archive of 1920s Leith published online
- 16:26 Win a magical Disney holiday
- 16:26 Music review: Goat
- 16:25 Elderly couple feel lucky to be alive after car smashes into their...
- 16:25 Ex-car auction firm boss 'can't wait for justice' in Lloyds Bank...
- 16:25 Brackley robber who cut woman’s hand with knife sentenced to four...
- 16:25 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 16:25 Which country is the most generous in the world?