NHS ‘blunders’ led to nearly 200 deaths last year
Other deaths included a pensioner who died from a nose bleed after his family’s 111 calls were not acted on and a patient who had a feeding tube inserted into their lung rather than their stomach.
The blunders were released by the Government’s hospital watchdog, NHS Improvement, following a freedom of information request.
It found there were 175 “death incidents” in hospitals in England and Wales last year.
Defective medical equipment, delays in treatment, being discharged from hospital too soon, unsafe staffing levels, life-saving medication not being given and errors in medical notes were... read more
- 00:29 Tony Warren's script for Coronation Street forerunner found
- 00:27 There is a crazy consipiracy theory out there that Beyonce is...
- 00:23 EastEnders spoilers: Is evil Aunt Babe working with James...
- 00:21 Everton star Ashley Williams demands teammates show some fight for...
- 00:21 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho: I am a victim of my past success -...
- 00:21 Liverpool not 500 miles away from Manchester City - Jurgen Klopp
- 00:21 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger sends stark warning to Mesut Ozil after...
- 00:21 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: I must be a magician - I saw these...
- 00:20 Brigitte Macron dons tight LEATHER trousers as she takes dog Nemo...
- 00:20 Melania Trump stuns in baby pink as Kirstjen Nielsen appointed head...
- 00:19 Edinburgh aim to bring Krasny Yar back down to earth in Moscow
- 00:19 Hogg fitter, stronger and faster for Warriors return
- 00:18 Venezuela crisis: Retirements ruined and families pulled apart
- 00:18 Megan McKenna ‘quits Towie’ in shock move amidst Pete Wicks...
- 00:17 NBA LIVE scores: All the latest from Cavaliers, Celtics, Warriors...
- 00:17 Cavaliers vs Bucks LIVE stream: How to watch LeBron James and Greek...
- 00:16 The Champions League 'Battle of Britain' between Rangers and Leeds...
- 00:16 Golf's crazy money: From Tiger Woods' $1.4bn career to Rory...
- 00:13 Thrilling audiovisual Antarctic adventure
- 00:13 Happy birthday to the 1917 revolution, and me
- 00:13 Capital ring master
- 00:13 Everton on the brink of collapse as players lose their cool in loss
- 00:13 England get to flex their muscles in dominant win
- 00:13 Clarke feared losing his job over equality
- 00:13 ‘National strength and international influence’
- 00:13 Four decades of economic denial delusion and lies
- 00:13 The NHS winter crisis is coming
- 00:13 Tory disarray on Europe
- 00:13 Peasants to strike over inaction on land distribution
- 00:13 Baghdad forces and Kurds exchange fire