NHS 111 call handler walks down the aisle after diagnosing HERSELF with deadly blood poisoning
An NHS 111 call handler who was forced to save her own life after contracting sepsis has walked down the aisle at her dream wedding.
Natasha Taylor, 27, was struck down with the life-threatening bacterial infection in June this year - just three months before she was due to get married.
The mother-of-one used her training to diagnose herself, which enabled emergency service operators to quickly dispatch an ambulance to her home in Ashford, Kent.
Surgeons rushed to operate on her to remove the source of infection - but during the procedure her lungs failed and she was put into a coma.
But... read more
- 08:29 Chelsea and Man Utd in contention to sign Italy ace: Bidding starts...
- 08:29 Police arrest wannabe pilot in new terror raid as Manchester attack...
- 08:29 Former Panama dictator Manuel Noriega dies aged 83
- 08:28 Smith’s all-round display helps F&B to victory
- 08:26 Scottish Land & Estates boosts senior management team
- 08:26 Jeremy Corbyn rules out deal with SNP in hung Parliament
- 08:24 Transfer News LIVE updates: Man Utd push; Chelsea, Arsenal,...
- 08:24 Shares in BA-owner IAG fall 4 percent after weekend chaos
- 08:23 Kim Jong Nam accused moved to higher court: Facing death penalty if...
- 08:22 Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence
- 08:22 When are the 2017 General Election debates on TV? All you need to know
- 08:22 Female zookeeper killed in tiger attack at Hamerton Zoo
- 08:22 Labour's free childcare pledge to help 'more than a million families'
- 08:22 Ariana Grande's mum pays tribute to Manchester terror attack victims
- 08:22 Manchester United Antoine Griezmann transfer discussed by Saul Niguez
- 08:21 Eamonn Holmes GRILLS David Davis over Brexit negotiations on GMB:...
- 08:20 Poldark’s Aidan Turner used to be an amateur dancer but ‘can’t...
- 08:20 Beyonce hasn’t had her twins yet and fans are getting impatient
- 08:20 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:18 Australia to cancel the passports of convicted paedophiles
- 08:18 School life: Calderdale College student to premiere his own production
- 08:16 Jab to stop damage after a heart attack: Protein in the injection...
- 08:16 Cancer drugs that could help end women's monthly agony: Discovery...
- 08:16 Almost 900,000 Britons are too fat to work: Number is five times...
- 08:16 Tiny telescope inserted into your eye that 10 TIMES stronger than...
- 08:16 an arrested after explosion in Malvern
- 08:16 Arsene Wenger will quit Arsenal this week, fears legend Ian Wright
- 08:15 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:15 Staff at Co-op in Barwell High Street tied up during armed robbery...
- 08:14 Nostalgia - Lottery tickets sold from town kiosk