Neymar 'turned down' Manchester United and Man City to stay at Barcelona
Manchester United and Manchester City made offers to sign Barcelona superstar Neymar last summer, according to a report in Spain.
An article in Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo claims that the Manchester clubs were among four sides vying to secure a deal for the Brazil forward before he agreed a contract extension at the Nou Camp in June.
The report claims that Real Madrid and PSG also wanted him and were prepared to meet his €190m (£170m) release clause.
Neymar's agent revealed last month he was 'close' to joining the Reds before signing his new deal earlier this year.
The 24-year-old... read more
- 09:13 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare
- 09:13 Spirit can propel England into World Cup last 16 says Rashford
- 09:11 Metal created by Hartlepool firm to go on display in Great...
- 09:10 Yotam Ottolenghi’s courgette recipes
- 09:10 Man fighting for life after assault following England game
- 09:09 See inside the hidden parts of the most famous house in Birmingham
- 09:09 Commonwealth Games is 'a once-in-a-generation opportunity' for...
- 09:09 Supporters of Amber’s Law to take on extreme challenge as they help...
- 09:09 Fans react to possibility of Sunderland AFC taking out loan
- 09:09 Sunderland parents warned about online game as teen death probe...
- 09:09 Going underground: Surrealist poster fetches tidy sum
- 09:08 Price slash at meeting rooms can help Harborough businesses take off
- 09:07 'You can't judge a generation's taste': making Now That’s What I...
- 09:07 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare
- 09:07 Boris Johnson likens Brexit to ‘bog roll’ and says Brits don’t want...
- 09:07 Thousands of anti-Brexit protesters to march on Westminster to...
- 09:06 Belgium team news: Predicted line up vs Tunisia – Lukaku and Hazard...
- 09:06 Free festival of cycling returning for second year in Lichfield
- 09:05 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare
- 09:04 Kettering school pupils help clear the air at national competition
- 09:03 Mapping England's World Cup squad: Northern players dominate the 23
- 09:02 The Amputee World Cup – and other antidotes to the bloated Fifa-fest
- 08:59 Which House of Fraser stores will close? Full list of shop closures
- 08:59 Netflix’s head of communications sacked after using ‘N-word’ twice...
- 08:56 Tyre fire started at abandoned Wigan mill
- 08:55 Family's plea after Portugal hotel pool drowning
- 08:53 Revealed: How Doncaster's new University Technical College could look
- 08:51 Revealed: How Doncaster's new University Technical College could look
- 08:51 West Brom and Leeds target's price tag revealed as Baggies forward...
- 08:51 Armed police chase suspects through Birmingham after ram raid in...