Next founder says fashion needs more women in top posts to help high street
The veteran retailer, founder of Next and the man behind George At Asda and Marks and Spencer's Per Una range, said women have "more vision than men" and that men over 30 "dress like their dads".
Speaking to Radio 4's You And Yours programme, Mr Davies said: "If there was better representation of [women] in executive teams, maybe the high street wouldn't be struggling as much as it is."
“[Women] work quicker and harder than men. The retail industry needs people who visit stores and understand customers and that's why I think the gender mix on executive boards... read more
- 12:27 Gay canon Jeremy Pemberton loses tribunal appeal
- 12:27 Mother and son in Harrogate hospital after car overturned in crash
- 12:26 Huge Earners: The 20 best-paid Premier League players and their...
- 12:24 ASTONISHING CLAIM: Christian pastor claims to have brought back boy...
- 12:24 BREAKING: Pakistan Airlines plane missing near mountainous...
- 12:24 Book online for health and fitness sessions in North Lincolnshire
- 12:24 Doncaster review into sex abuse in sport ordered by child...
- 12:24 Ex-Chelsea coach: The real reason Ramires wanted to leave Stamford...
- 12:24 'HS2 stress is making us ill,' say Doncaster residents
- 12:23 Plane goes missing after taking off with around 40 people on board
- 12:22 Pakistan flight crashes in north
- 12:20 Manchester United ace Marouane Fellaini blasts David Luiz for...
- 12:20 KH Hair boss honoured by Fellowship for British Hairdressing
- 12:19 Yorkshire Tea...isn't from Yorkshire?!
- 12:18 Shuttleworth's Year 7 student ambassadors taking charge
- 12:18 Swan rescued from Odeon cinema in Bolebridge Street, Tamworth
- 12:17 Chellaston police meeting at Bonnie Prince pub with free drinks up...
- 12:17 The Santa Tracker is back – and it’s even better than last year!
- 12:17 Britain needs Brexit transitional deal - insurance trade body
- 12:16 There's a new sheriff in town! Basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal...
- 12:15 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 12:15 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:14 Cumbrian department store closed after power cut
- 12:13 Woman raped by fiance as she was having an epileptic seizure
- 12:12 Gas alert at Lancashire nuclear plant
- 12:12 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:12 Poorly Hartlepool baby’s plight inspires big fundraising drive
- 12:12 Help by the trolley load for Hartlepool Foodbank
- 12:11 Steve Ross: Big data still needs the human touch
- 12:11 Pep Guardiola’s next generation: The dream team of Manchester City...