News Corp's Australian Netflix challenger shuts up shop
An Australian internet streaming company part-owned by News Corp said on Tuesday it will cease operations less than three years after launching, a sign that local start-ups are struggling against larger U.S. rival Netflix Inc.
After opening for business in March 2014, the same month Netflix arrived in Australia, Presto will end its service on Jan. 31, 2017, its co-owners Foxtel, half-owned by News Corp, and free-to-air broadcaster Seven West Media Ltd said in a statement.
The statement didn't give a reason for shutting down the company, but it did say Seven sold its half share of the... read more
- 21:23 Candle-lit service to remember lost children in Nottingham
- 21:23 Landlord caught with no TV licence is fined
- 21:22 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp pulls Ben Woodburn up as Reds train...
- 21:15 Emotional appeal to bring missing dog Buster home for Christmas
- 21:14 Are these the most embarrassing lies EVER? Hilarious posts from...
- 21:15 Record-setting rally pushes on as laggards get legs
- 21:14 Facebook set to turn comments on popular posts into popup chat...
- 21:14 Take a trip over Mawrth Vallis: Stunning simulated flyover of...
- 21:14 From smiley faces on Mars to astronauts jumping across the lunar...
- 21:07 FOR THE WEEK, THE DOW ROSE 3.1 PCT, THE S&P GAINED 3.1 PCT AND THE...
- 21:06 It's official - Derbyshire is one of the luckiest places to buy a...
- 21:04 Drug dealer jailed after posting selfies with massive wads of cash
- 21:02 Louth man’s child abduction and sex abuse trial date set for April
- 21:00 Ajax manager: Why this player is really at Chelsea
- 20:58 Dean Smith: why crowd could be key for Burton Albion at Brentford
- 20:57 Ghana's president Mahama concedes election defeat
- 20:56 Is Bakewell Winter Wonderland under fire again?
- 20:54 Obama orders review into 'Russian hacking' before US election
- 20:54 Philippines president tells people to deal with his mass killings...
- 20:52 Oil traders prepare flotilla to ship U.S. exports to Asia
- 20:46 A mistake to knock down any of Derby Royal Infirmary 'onion' domes,...
- 20:45 Ghana president admits defeat in poll
- 20:45 Lebanese government must be formed as soon as possible - Hezbollah
- 20:45 Ghana president Mahama concedes election - aide to opposition leader
- 20:43 Donald Trump phone call to Nicola Sturgeon
- 20:41 First look inside new Scunthorpe town centre restaurant
- 20:41 Two vehicle crash on busy Scunthorpe road
- 20:38 Murderer jailed for 1986 rape thanks to DNA testing advances
- 20:37 Egypt security forces hit by two bombings in a single day
- 20:34 Theresa May is urged to halt Rupert Murdoch's $22bn deal to...