Newcastle seller is trying to hawk their new fiver for £50,000 on Ebay
North East owners of the newly minted fiver are hoping for a quick payday by placing early numbered notes for sale on Ebay.
As the first plastic currency issued by the Bank of England, the first series of bills printed are considered by some to be a collector’s item and can be worth several times more than their face value.
Some lucky owners have made hundreds of pounds off of their five pound notes and now others are hoping to cash in too.
A seller from Newcastle has listed their new five pound note for a jaw-dropping £50,000.
The serial number of the note is AK47061189, meaning it was one... read more
- 12:48 Coroner sets inquest date following alleged murder of Andy Hackett
- 12:47 Animal Magic: These furry friends will add sparkle to your day!
- 12:47 Con man 'murdered lover'
- 12:47 Smash driver fighting for life
- 12:47 Fire crews extinguish Barlborough blaze
- 12:47 Oldham's booze shame exposed
- 12:47 Late-night lift rescue at Whitehaven harbour
- 12:46 Capita shares slide 14% as the outsourcing group warns of tough...
- 12:46 FMQs: one third of Scots face budget tax hikes
- 12:46 Restoration plans for pele tower submitted
- 12:46 Iraqis awarded damages due to abuse and unlawful detention by...
- 12:44 Remember the name? Everton accidentally credit US rapper Lil Wayne...
- 12:44 How you can help struggling primary pupils by reading to them
- 12:44 Pool tournament in memory of Stevie raises funds for Rosemere
- 12:44 Two men in court after a teenage boy was slashed with a knife
- 12:44 Transgender South Shields woman cleared of raping a man
- 12:43 Cheap car insurance - Here is one thing you can do that will reduce...
- 12:44 Why councillor's baby joy meant a last-minute change in Kirklees...
- 12:43 Animal Magic: These furry friends will add sparkle to your day!
- 12:43 Obesity crisis: Taxpayer cash should be given to farmers to improve...
- 12:43 Obesity crisis: Bike stabilisers banned in Dundee nurseries to...
- 12:42 Get a grip on gritting call - but Calderdale Council says it is...
- 12:42 North Yorkshire Police's highly trained drivers share winter...
- 12:42 Put your best foot forward for 2018 Round Louth Walk
- 12:42 Harrogate Inspector 'disappointed' at drink-drive campaign results
- 12:42 Song for Christmas 2017: Calder Primary School
- 12:42 Have your say on the future of the Lincolnshire Wolds
- 12:42 REVEALED: What inmates in HMP Onley will be tucking into on...
- 12:40 'Flirty secretary' smart assistant taken offline in China
- 12:40 Transgender South Shields woman cleared of raping a man