Newcastle coach Rafa Benitez reportedly keen to sign Jonathan Viera – watch his highlights
The claims came from The Telegraph this week, who suggested it would take a whopping £18m to prise the 28-year-old away from Las Palmas.
Burnley are also said to be sniffing around the Spanish midfielder, who would be allowed to leave the struggling La Liga side for the right price.
Viera made his debut for the Spanish national side last October during a routine 1-0 victory over Israel.
He looked comfortable alongside some of the most exciting attacking talents in the world, including Marco Asensio, Pedro and Isco.
Playing out wide in an advanced position on the left – demonstrating an... read more
- 14:00 Adelaide Strikers stars Ben Laughlin and Jake Weatherald combine...
- 13:59 Murder probe in Haydock: Man is named
- 13:59 Smoker Sharon lapsed after son's Afghanistan injury but quit again...
- 13:59 NEW: Exclusive Matt Jansen column
- 13:59 North East castle offers Game of Thrones experience for couples
- 13:58 Alleged cannabis factory discovered in Hilton
- 13:57 Arsenal need Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan this...
- 13:57 Take five: The best places to celebrate Burns Night across Yorkshire
- 13:57 Finsbury Park: Man 'wanted to kill Muslims in van attack'
- 13:56 Sheffield shopper's fury as Henderson's Relish substituted with...
- 13:56 21st-century poetry with Andy Croft Words of resistance to the...
- 13:56 Real Madrid have contacted Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois TODAY...
- 13:55 Apple will cancel the iPhone X this summer due to disappointing...
- 13:55 What is Tom Brady’s net worth and when will the New England...
- 13:54 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill rejects SFA's offer to become...
- 13:53 Six figure finance deal backed opening of Blackpool pub and micro...
- 13:53 Blackpool hospital fund launches networking event
- 13:52 Police issue crime prevention advice after spate of burglaries in...
- 13:52 Chester FC clash with Dover Athletic gets new date
- 13:52 Theresa May to host Burns Supper at Downing street
- 13:51 Caring Dee just loves being a ‘people person’
- 13:51 Thug attacked bar manager after she was refused a drink
- 13:51 Derbyshire police backing national campaign to help stamp out fraud
- 13:51 New appointment to look after student accommodation
- 13:51 Michael O’Neill turns down Scotland
- 13:51 Police issue crime prevention advice after spate of burglaries in...
- 13:50 Heart charity looking for help with world record bid
- 13:50 Major revamp planned for this Pride Park sports complex
- 13:50 Woman travels the world posting NAKED Instagram pictures for this...
- 13:50 Woman punched in face during handbag robbery