Newcastle care home boss struck off for pocketing vulnerable residents' cash
A Newcastle care home manager has been struck off for pocketing hundreds of pounds belonging to vulnerable residents.
Derek Wilkinson repeatedly raided the safe while working at Milldene Nursing Home in Gosforth, the Nursing and Midwifery Council heard.
Wilkinson was appointed manager of the home, which provided long term care for around 10 residents with mental health conditions, in May 2013.
His dishonesty came to light when an administrator – referred to as “Mr 1” - suspected that Mr Wilkinson was taking cash for his own use.
The panel heard that Wilkinson and Mr 1 shared an office and... read more
- 21:22 Stanley Park pour-down is a kick in googlies for Blackpool cricket...
- 21:20 Devastated Warsop teen appeals for help after beloved pet Yorkie...
- 21:11 Ashington residents digging into gardening competition
- 21:04 Liverpool relish final test to topple Real Madrid, the kings of Europe
- 21:03 Independent Scotland economy would need 25 years to catch up
- 21:01 Two people trapped after collision in Birstall
- 20:57 Two people trapped after collision in Birstall
- 20:53 Barcelona ‘say yes’ as Unai Emery targets Ousmane Dembele as first...
- 20:50 Two people trapped after collision in Birstall
- 20:49 Man Utd transfer news: Anthony Martial will NOT be involved in Toby...
- 20:49 Bedlington restaurant chosen for MasterChef style TV competition
- 20:47 Holocaust memorial plans to be published in Autumn
- 20:45 Three injured after car ‘intentionally’ mounts Portland sidewalk...
- 20:39 Wentworth wizard Rory McIlroy charges three shots clear of the field
- 20:37 Binging Nordic dramas on Netflix could seriously damage your eyes
- 20:28 Champions League final: Second company cancels Kiev flight
- 20:28 Bishop Auckland shooting: Man wounded by armed police
- 20:24 Champions League final: Sergio Ramos compares Mohamed Salah and...
- 20:15 Not so sheepish now: Google Street View adds the Faroe Islands
- 20:14 Putin says UK should stop blaming Russia for all ‘mortal sins’
- 20:13 Michael Owen’s Champions League final prediction as Real Madrid...
- 20:08 Prince William and Kate Middleton’s coat of arms and meaning as...
- 20:00 Real Madrid ready for chaos in Champions League final, says Zidane
- 19:59 Champions League final: Matt Le Tissier reveals where Liverpool...
- 19:56 Champions League Final: Liverpool FC need to ‘win it for Dundee...
- 19:50 Absence of swing leaves Anderson and Broad as baffled as the...
- 19:50 Armed bystanders gun down Oklahoma City restaurant shooter
- 19:47 Colombian police re-arrest Escobar hitman for extortion
- 19:46 Young Shetland residents to study island life for stage show
- 19:46 Scotland’s Kirk told to ‘give young the chance of leadership’