New Zealand woman aims to sell historic family castle in Melrose
A NEW ZEALAND woman is hoping to sell a Scottish castle which has been in her family since the 1400s.
Scots-born Fionna Heiton, who now lives in New Zealand, is keen to off-load the historic Darnick Tower in Melrose so that she can concentrate on running a charity organisation in Nepal.
The Category A listed Darnick Tower dates from 1425 and has been in the hands of the Heiton family since it was constructed.
Ms Heiton expects that Darnick Tower will be especially popular among those with a keen and passionate interest in Scottish history.
READ MORE: Scots castle on sale for same price as... read more
- 08:13 'Cautious' Wetherspoon warns of lower sales and higher costs
- 08:13 Manchester United close to finalising Memphis Depay transfer to Lyon
- 08:13 Only one in 10 Leicester patients want their GP surgery to open on...
- 08:13 Teen cancer victim woke from coma on Christmas Day to tell family...
- 08:13 Star Tyler steals the show as youngest competitor in charity 10k race
- 08:13 NHS bill for swimming infections
- 08:13 Family 'suspicious' after colliding with 'crash for cash' car in Derby
- 08:11 German finance minister preparing for Greek aid without IMF - report
- 08:11 Calum Ferguson felt like the King of Coatbridge after securing...
- 08:11 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 08:10 Drug addict caught stealing meat from Tesco on Christmas Eve
- 08:10 Chelsea Transfer News: £10m Man Utd move, three Costa replacements,...
- 08:10 Tiger Woods return: Age should NOT be an excuse, claims Ernie Els
- 08:10 Updated: Emergency services stood down after bomb scare
- 08:10 Gmail hack: Even tech-savvy users fooled by sophisticated phishing...
- 08:09 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:09 The morning news headlines: Theresa May faces questioning by MPs...
- 08:09 ‘Paedophile hunter’ was a child abuser himself
- 08:09 Country & Coast: Innocent awakenings offer the first signs of spring
- 08:09 Anger at hotel shutdown
- 08:09 Juventus to offer Arsenal audacious Miralem Pjanic swap deal for...
- 08:08 World healthcare expert applauds 'pioneering' scheme in Millom
- 08:08 Century-old Lucy still loving life down on the farm in Barrow
- 08:08 Two separate bids made to run Dalton zoo
- 08:08 Barrow man ordered to reduce alcohol intake after drunkenly kicking...
- 08:08 Warnings made of pothole 'tipping point' as funding allocation for...
- 08:08 Friends of the X112 horrified after vital funds are sent back to...
- 08:08 Ulverston Post Office closure came "out of the blue" according to...
- 08:08 EXCLUSIVE: Barrow firefighters say 'There has never been a greater...
- 08:08 Thousands missing out on 'grandparents' credit'