New Zealand scrum-half Aaron Smith issues tearful apology after toilet encounter
Aaron Smith has issued a tearful apology for the airport toilet encounter that has been condemned as embarrassing by New Zealand Prime Minister John Key.
Smith, widely considered the game's best player on current form, has been suspended for one match after entering a disabled bathroom at Christchurch Airport with a woman described as a "lady friend".
The incident took place after the 41-13 Rugby Championship victory over South Africa on September 17 and at the time Smith, who has a partner, was dressed in All Blacks travel attire.
Speaking from a hotel in Durban where the squad... read more
- 09:35 Brid’s a dry UK destination
- 09:35 Final moments of YouTuber’s life revealed before he was shot by...
- 09:35 Mohamed Salah ‘perplexed’ by reports he’s set to walk out on...
- 09:32 Meera Sodha’s recipe for vegan salted date caramel biscuit slices
- 09:31 Person airlifted to hospital after serious two-car crash near Grantham
- 09:31 Live updates as police cordon off Carr Lane outside New Star pub
- 09:31 How well do you know your fictional bookshops? – quiz
- 09:29 Nabil Fekir: Lyon president gives MAJOR update on Liverpool talks...
- 09:29 Council agrees to mediate in village dispute over rose garden
- 09:29 Hartlepool MP votes for Parliament to have final say on Brexit deal
- 09:29 Hartlepool council slams ‘complete inadequacy’ of special needs...
- 09:29 Babies’ day out for feast contest in village
- 09:29 Statues to legendary film directors and seaside regeneration...
- 09:29 Theft, assault, fraud and threatening behaviour: Hartlepool...
- 09:28 Deadly explosion hits Ethiopia rally for new prime minister
- 09:28 Do you want to live beside the seaside? Sandbanks and Salcombe...
- 09:28 Papa John’s pizza giant to open first shop in Sunderland
- 09:28 The most breathtaking infinity pools in Europe
- 09:27 Edinburgh-based Vialex in growth mode
- 09:25 Quorn linked to dozens of potentially fatal allergic reactions as...
- 09:25 Holyrood won’t approve Brexit bills until ‘broken’ devolution...
- 09:25 The Yorkshire 'chimney' that's the tallest folly in the world
- 09:22 Explosion at rally for new Ethiopian prime minister
- 09:20 It’s bloomin’ lovely... but will judges agree? the judges agree?
- 09:18 Fresh plans to revamp vandal-hit shopping precinct to be submitted...
- 09:17 Cat Deeley and Patrick Kielty welcome second baby boy and reveal...
- 09:16 US military plans migrant tent camps amid Trump crackdown
- 09:15 Everlast gym reveals it will open at Leicester's new Sports Direct...
- 09:13 Latest news from Border Archaeological Society
- 09:13 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare