New York's multi-million dollar subway train breaks down on its FIRST DAY on the tracks
A brand new multi-million dollar New York subway train has broken down on its first day on the tracks.
The R179 model from Bombardier failed a test by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) on Sunday.
The train came to an emergency stop when it ran over a blue bucket which had fallen onto the tracks from the platform of the 121st St./Jamaica Ave. station on the J line at 12.15pm.
As a result, passengers had to leave the train at the next stop, NY Daily News reported.
Later on, at 7.30pm the train had to be taken out of service.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Seven students... read more
- 09:18 Boy, 14, accidentally drains mum’s entire bank account playing FIFA
- 09:17 Boxer Amir Khan to celebrate birthday in Digbeth – with pregnant wife
- 09:16 Appeal after theft of number plate
- 09:14 Arbroath receive big fitness boost ahead of game at Alloa
- 09:15 Jeff Brazier’s fiancé Kate Dwyer posts first family snap as she...
- 09:14 Dundee United’s Tam Scobbie comes up against in-form strike...
- 09:14 St Johnstone head to Ibrox without Murray Davidson
- 09:14 East Fife work on plans to thwart table-topping Ayr United
- 09:15 Premier League predictions: Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd win,...
- 09:14 Raith Rovers look to extend 100% home record
- 09:15 Newcastle United exclusive: Rafa Benitez has overachieved with...
- 09:14 Montrose looking for Elgin City revenge
- 09:14 Dundee’s Paul McGowan hoping to make amends for Hearts ‘blip’...
- 09:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Exposé into West Yorkshire Combined...
- 09:14 Dundee boss looking for players to right a lot of wrongs
- 09:14 Experienced duo available for Forfar
- 09:14 Dunfermline looking to turn the clock back against St Mirren
- 09:14 Relegation six-pointer for Brechin and Falkirk
- 09:11 Hate Christmas? You can now smash up festive decorations for fun
- 09:11 Thomas Lemar sends Gooners into meltdown by ‘liking’ post claiming...
- 09:10 Latest news from Berwick Stoma Support Group
- 09:09 The ‘potentially hazardous’ asteroid Phaeton 3200 will zoom past...
- 09:09 Twice-banned Nelson drink-driver caught behind the wheel whilst...
- 09:09 How to get your Instagram best nine of 2017
- 09:09 Derek Ferguson says it will be a proud moment if and when son Lewis...
- 09:08 I hope our brightest and best embrace the ‘Year of Engineering’
- 09:07 Top marks for South Shields primary school from inspectors
- 09:07 South Shields performers get ready for the big stage
- 09:08 Christmas shoppers warned over 'treacherous' conditions as ice...
- 09:07 Parents warned not to buy mini motos for South Tyneside kids