New Whitley Bay sea defences plan revealed after council goes back to the drawing board

New Whitley Bay sea defences plan revealed after council goes back to the drawing board
 

New plans have been drawn up to reconstruct Whitley Bay’s sea defences, which the council claims could save it more than £1m.
The project to strengthen the Central Lower Promenade began in August last year and was originally scheduled to finish by winter this year.
But the work was delayed after North Tyneside Council said it wanted to carry out a financial assessment and ensure the scheme provided value-for-money.
And last month regeneration officers were told to come up with an alternative design in an effort to reduce costs and include some suggestions made by the community.
Revised... read more

 
13 October 2016 in Regional North East, Views: 38
Source: Sunday Sun
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31