New West Yorkshire support group for couples undergoing fertility treatment
An Elland mum-of-two is starting a support group for couples going through the emotional roller-coaster of fertility treatment.
Sarah Banks, 35, whose toddler son Jack was born following treatment at Calderdale Royal Infirmary’s Assisted Conception Unit, believes there is a need for a self-help organisation because the quest for a baby can be so traumatic and isolating.
She explained: “Couples don’t talk about what they are going through. In our case, all our friends were getting pregnant at the same time as we were trying and it wasn’t happening for us. I think 14 babies were conceived in... read more
- 11:41 Victor Moses is the ‘complete player’, says Chelsea forward Pedro
- 11:41 Man City v Chelsea: Cesc Fabregas starts as Nemanja Matic is ruled out
- 11:40 Gifted Dalton pupils design festive images for lights switch-on
- 11:40 Dalton set to celebrate Christmas with festive lights switch-on
- 11:40 Christmas 2016: Family Festival of Carols at Lichfield Cathedral
- 11:39 Residents fight against Coppull greenbelt homes
- 11:39 Owner of filthy sandwich shop banned for five years
- 11:39 Cunning plan hatched by this driver is foiled by police
- 11:39 Biker hurt in Blackpool crash
- 11:39 21 pictures you should see this week
- 11:39 Hull City transfer rumours - Reading striker on the agenda?
- 11:39 Live updates as police at scene of serious incident in Walker...
- 11:39 Muslims ‘forced to leave Christmas market after setting up Islam...
- 11:37 Dr Tony Xia claims Aston Villa will be Europe's best within a...
- 11:37 Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil once again praises 'idol' Zinedine...
- 11:37 The shocking scale of drug driving revealed
- 11:35 PICTURE: Lorry gets stuck under bridge on Derbyshire road
- 11:33 Jurgen Klopp confirms the one Liverpool player he would sell in...
- 11:33 Kerching! Lincoln Christmas Market's boost to city's small traders
- 11:33 Liverpool legend: I would have succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as...
- 11:33 Dad donates dead son's unopened Christmas presents to sick children...
- 11:33 Dangers of the diet pills sold on the High Street: Experts warn...
- 11:32 Water shock! River clean-up nets a big haul
- 11:32 Organisers hoping for big turn-out at Xmas Market
- 11:30 BREAKING: Explosion tears through China leaving many feared dead
- 11:29 Stowaway migrants found crushed under trucks in Austria
- 11:29 Manchester City vs Chelsea, Premier League LIVE: Follow all the...
- 11:29 Yobs wreck blood biker’s Triumph Tiger
- 11:27 Key man exit may pave way for Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to...
- 11:27 Jamie Carragher: This Liverpool ace has to be realistic about his...