New US missile base revealed – on a South Korean golf course
A private golf course has been chosen as the new site for an advanced US missile defence system to be deployed in South Korea by the end of next year to help cope with North Korean threats, military officials have revealed.
Seoul’s defence ministry originally announced in July that it had picked an artillery base in the rural farming town of Seongju as the site for the terminal high-altitude area defence, or THAAD, missile system.
But Seongju residents fiercely protested against the plan, raising fears over potential health hazards they believe the system’s powerful radar might cause.
The... read more
- 13:43 Grant to help Wakefield children exposed to domestic violence
- 13:43 Police searching for wanted man around Knottingley. Have you seen him?
- 13:43 ‘Action needed over break ins’
- 13:43 FINALLY! Is this the solution to stop disgusting dog fouling? DNA...
- 13:43 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho admits he 'does not know' why...
- 13:43 Under the Radar: Folda
- 13:43 Book review: Literature And Union - Scottish Texts, British...
- 13:42 Liverpool FC miss out on summer target
- 13:42 'Vigilante' paedo hunters should join police instead of taking law...
- 13:42 Fifth man arrested over attack which left student fighting for his...
- 13:41 Airline tightens up pet rules after excessive pooping on planes
- 13:41 Housing landlords could face fines up to £30,000 under tough new rules
- 13:41 Police searching for wanted man around Knottingley. Have you seen him?
- 13:41 ‘Action needed over break ins’
- 13:39 Obese girl, 12, could be taken from mother's care
- 13:39 ‘House of Horrors’ couple ‘tortured kids’ but cared for pet dogs
- 13:39 Suicide pact ex-pole dancer JAILED for encouraging postman's death
- 13:38 Danny Williams and Ben Heneghan, James Alabi, Gateshead dealings,...
- 13:38 Exciting opportunity to see your own items on display at a Ripon...
- 13:38 Pokemon Go Community Day event COUNTDOWN: Start time, end time,...
- 13:38 Dashcam shows the moment panicking criminals run for it as police...
- 13:37 The top festivals to go to in the summer 2018
- 13:37 Grantham couple’s anger over flooding outside home
- 13:36 Replacing East Pier bridge to cost £350,000, with funding yet to be...
- 13:36 Plumlife Homes launches new affordable housing in Radcliffe
- 13:35 Castleford school to gift 1,000 books to set up library in Ghana
- 13:35 Health bosses hope to reassure people over shake-up of A&E services...
- 13:35 Letter: Rail fares
- 13:35 MP highlights issues facing hospital trust during parliamentary debate
- 13:35 New trusts announced for some of WCAT schools - but not those in...