New ‘smart bin’ could spell the end of sorting out your recycling
It’s one of those seemingly endless tasks of the modern age – sorting out rubbish into bags of traditional old-style filth, and bottles and tins for recycling.
But a new ‘smart bin’ could spell the end of that, according to the Telegraph – as it sorts rubbish automatically, on its own.
The Bin.E is already being trialled in Poland – and uses sensors, AI and image recognition to sort rubbish into different compartments.
Sensors detect the type of waste being deposited, and divert it into the right section of the bin – where it’s compacted down to a much smaller size.
A new “smart bin” could... read more
- 18:19 Mesut Ozil provides update on knee injury which ruled him out of...
- 18:18 Meningitis not on GP's diagnostic radar, inquest hears
- 18:17 Chester-based Sykes Cottages nominated for fifth British Travel Award
- 18:17 CCTV image released following alleged hate crime at restaurant
- 18:16 Gogglebox star to run in Robin Hood half marathon to help ill...
- 18:16 Crash at roundabout on A16 and A17 causes rush hour tailbacks
- 18:16 Watch Chelsea starlet Callum Hudson-Odoi pull off outrageous assist...
- 18:16 Initiative to tackle food poverty across Cumbria gathers pace
- 18:14 German election 2017: Angela Merkel's Grand Coalition is 'BEST for EU'
- 18:14 Paris attack blunder: Key suspect in terror atrocity ‘STILL on the...
- 18:14 BREAKING: Airport terror as bomb detected by X-ray - explosive...
- 18:14 Deutsche Bank: Central banks are OUT of ammunition if recession hits
- 18:13 Substance over style - the inside track on leading Birmingham City...
- 18:13 The best Christmas events in Birmingham for 2017
- 18:13 Aston Villa captain John Terry's touch of class delights former...
- 18:12 Hotels raise money for blood bikes from beer sales
- 18:11 Three-vehicle collision near Honeybourne
- 18:11 Mystery TV star to switch on Wrexham's Christmas lights
- 18:10 Loved and trusted shop worker stole scratchcards worth £13,000 from...
- 18:10 Have you got Empty Nest Syndrome? It could cost you your marriage
- 18:10 Check out the first ever STOTTIE wedding cake served up for a...
- 18:10 Frustrated travellers play rugby on M1 after bomb scare closes road...
- 18:09 British kayaker Emma Kelty 'murdered' in Amazon
- 18:09 The Chase: Bradley Walsh ‘asks’ for SEX THERAPY from saucy contestant
- 18:08 Man City's Gabriel Jesus nominated for Golden Boy award
- 18:08 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will take the Carabao Cup...
- 18:07 Young couple jump out of a plane ... for nan
- 18:07 Coronation Street spoilers: Underworld is destroyed by Adam Barlow...
- 18:05 Porsche Mission E has one awesome feature that could make it a game...
- 18:02 M1 to remain closed southbound into the night due to chemical leak