New shop set to open in Barrow
Lyn Colyer, 56, will open The Bake Shed in Roose Road on Thursday with a selection of freshly baked cakes and delicatessen-style sandwiches and salads.
She has created three part-time roles and an apprenticeship to help her get the business off the ground.
Mrs Colyer even intends to theme the shop according to the seasons, opening with an autumn style before baking some skull and pumpkin shaped cake-pops for Halloween.
Opening her own shop has something of a lifelong dream for Mrs Colyer, who had wanted to get into the culinary arts at a young age but followed a different path.
She said: “I... read more
- 13:57 It could all be so simple … why did Lauryn Hill disappear?
- 13:57 Fans left with 'invalid' tickets in Ed Sheeran anti-tout scheme
- 13:57 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:55 Kickboxing star who spars with Tyson Fury claims Gypsy King would...
- 13:54 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:53 Bosses blame bad winter weather for delay in opening Sunderland's...
- 13:50 Lakeland Dialect Society to hold church service
- 13:49 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 13:47 Ptich perfect boost for Preston youth football club
- 13:47 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:46 Saudi Arabia arrests key activist in human rights crackdown
- 13:46 Woman who posted Holocaust denial songs to YouTube convicted
- 13:46 Timely questions
- 13:46 Arts ahead
- 13:46 How £12,000 purchase has helped academics assemble world’s most...
- 13:46 Wellesbourne Ladies finish as region’s best in Super Sunday tournament
- 13:44 10 of the most luxurious boutique hotels in Yorkshire for a...
- 13:41 The four gadgets you need to protect your car: Motorists flock to...
- 13:40 Travellers cause devastation after trashing youth football club site
- 13:39 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:39 UK's council planners overworked, underpaid and abused, experts say
- 13:39 Constable and Turner landscapes reunited for first time since 1831
- 13:39 Man ‘assaulted girlfriend after “forcibly tickling” her’
- 13:38 'Not safe, not effective, not well led': Mental health services...
- 13:38 10 of the most luxurious boutique hotels in Yorkshire for a...
- 13:37 Stop and search could be stepped up in Sheffield after second...
- 13:36 Champions League final: Mohamed Salah among the five fastest...
- 13:35 New study of life on Britain's most northerly island to inspire...
- 13:35 Harvey Weinstein charged with rape
- 13:35 Louth Triathlon Club toast success at Doncaster and Skegness