New research shows savings crisis for Britons is getting WORSE
Gerald Grimes, managing director at Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance, said: “It is very easy to spend a little here and there and find that when you get to the end of the month, you have burned right through your salary.”
Separate research from advisers Wealthify shows that among those who do have savings, the average amount held outside of a pension is just £1,500.
Co-founder Michelle Pearce said when asked about their long-term future, almost half the population think they will be struggling or only just getting by.
She warned that too many savers are failing to make the most of the... read more
- 14:53 Tom Hingley, Electric Cheese and Wemar to play in Chorley
- 14:52 The tell-tale signs of measles and how to stop it spreading
- 14:52 Amphibious flying car with 210mph top speed and VERTICAL takeoff is...
- 14:52 Dad caught driving while banned was on way to chemist
- 14:51 Catholic school hit with barrage of complaints for statue of Saint...
- 14:51 Dementia news: VIRUSES may play a role in Alzheimer’s - discovery...
- 14:49 People are angry and confused SpongeBob SquarePants is a musical
- 14:49 Hero Hogg is simply the best
- 14:49 Neil McCann refuses to be drawn on future of Dundee keeper Scott Bain
- 14:48 How Escape Live in Coventry is proving a real city success story
- 14:48 New builders' merchant will create 50 jobs
- 14:48 Malia Obama's new boyfriend is former Rugby School head boy
- 14:48 James Bulger killer Jon Venables 'back in prison after being found...
- 14:47 Young farmers join Caernarfon dad's epic quest to climb Snowdon 52...
- 14:47 Ex-boxer who shouted 'Heil Hitler!'in child's face jailed for...
- 14:46 Landmark ruling could affect all Mersey Gateway fine appeals
- 14:46 Footballer turns fundraiser for Stratford charity
- 14:46 Derby County planning to extend Pride Park Stadium
- 14:46 Burton Albion loanee Ben Fox feels more confident during second...
- 14:44 Thanksgiving Facts that will liven up your Turkey Day
- 14:44 Lorry fire shuts A5 near Llangollen
- 14:44 Is Miley Cyrus pregnant? Singer claims it’s a ‘food baby’ – but is it?
- 14:43 Highest ever 24-hour rainfall in 50 years at Lancaster University...
- 14:43 ‘We are still in business’ says Horncastle printer
- 14:42 Former Wolves and Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert speaks about...
- 14:42 Lady of the Lens: Paul Smith on Annie Leibovitz
- 14:42 Modigliani at Tate Modern
- 14:41 Highest ever 24-hour rainfall in 50 years at Lancaster University...
- 14:41 Revellers pull apart two old female school friends in a pub as one...
- 14:41 How to stay safe from crime whilst Christmas shopping