New poll predicts Unionist parties will have majority at next Scottish Parliament
The Scottish Parliament is set to lose its pro-independence majority according to a new poll.
The YouGov survey for The Times puts the SNP on course to win the next Holyrood election but indicates losses for the pro-independence parties and Labour returning as official opposition as the Conservative drop back into third place.
Based on the voting intentions of 1,135 Scottish adults questioned between October 2 and October 5, researchers predict the SNP would secure 57 seats in a Holyrood election, down six from their 2016 figure.
The SNP's independence allies the Greens would drop from from... read more
- 09:02 Ex-Aston Villa star and his Real Housewives of Cheshire wife...
- 09:02 Jeremy Vine sparks row after broadcasting train passenger's loud...
- 09:01 Trio of burglars flee after Sheffield resident catches them red handed
- 09:00 Championship news: Reading to announce Jaap Stam's successor today...
- 08:59 Four-day inquest scheduled following death of Barrow dad, 45
- 08:59 Pervert marine engineer had nearly 25,000 indecent images of children
- 08:59 Arsenal are to blame for Alexis Sanchez’s Manchester United...
- 08:59 McWilliams ‘ready’ to step in for suspended O’Toole at Fleetwood
- 08:57 Breakthrough in campaign to cut speed limit along road in Holbeach
- 08:57 ‘Sucker for something new’ welcomes long-lost King Arthur...
- 08:57 Gary Barlow shows support for Ant McPartlin and compares his...
- 08:56 Warwick Poppies project now at halfway mark
- 08:56 Firefighters called to car fire in Kenilworth
- 08:56 Have your say at HQ plan meeting in Leamington
- 08:55 Carer, 70, who walked five miles in snow from work offered spa...
- 08:55 #Pray4Archie: Poorly Wigan boy gets tremendous support
- 08:54 Have your say at HQ plan meeting in Leamington
- 08:54 VIDEO: See father and son rap duo's new film
- 08:54 Pub bombs campaigner urges protesting football fans to shun...
- 08:54 Players Championship 2018 LIVE: Snooker score updates as Ronnie...
- 08:54 Tesco gaffe as T-shirt has glaring mistake - but nobody appears to...
- 08:53 Next's profits down in 'difficult trading conditions'
- 08:50 Traffic slow on M6 near Carlisle after lorry loses tyre in middle lane
- 08:50 BREAKING NEWS: Gang-of-four on the run after brutal assault in...
- 08:49 Car completely destroyed by fire
- 08:49 Walter Tull: calls for first black British army officer to be honoured
- 08:49 Jake Livermore's England call-up: West Brom boss Alan Pardew has...
- 08:49 Funeral of former council chief finance officer to take place
- 08:48 VIDEO: See father and son rap duo's new film
- 08:48 Many online GP services 'not safe', says Care Quality Commission