New police unit trained to fight gay and transgender hate crime
A NEW network of liaison officers has been established by Police Scotland to improve the reporting of gay and transgender hate crimes.
The force said offences based on disability, sexuality, race, religion or sexual orientation often go unreported, so senior officers want people to be aware they can use third-party reporting through a list of charities and community groups.
Chief Constable Phil Gormley said tackling intolerance and prejudice is an “absolute priority” for Police Scotland.
Top news stories today Rape case striker to represent himself Sister of Daniel clan gangster's warning... read more
- 15:03 Deal struck to gain Devil’s Toenail
- 15:01 Missing man last seen in Mansfield
- 14:59 Milnthorpe OAP had indecent photos of children
- 14:59 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 15:00 Pupils have buried a time capsule in the grounds of Gainsborough’s...
- 14:59 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:59 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:59 Arsenal news: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang delivers verdict on Unai Emery
- 14:58 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:58 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:57 'It can’t be true': Parma return to Serie A after three straight...
- 14:57 Trump pulls out of North Korea summit
- 14:56 Boys, 15, guilty of Columbine-style school shooting plot
- 14:56 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:56 Society set for scenic spectacular
- 14:56 Donald Trump cancels historic summit with North Korean leader...
- 14:56 Camilla Parker Bowles reveals the Royal Family were worried over...
- 14:55 Champions League final: Liverpool stars snapped boarding plane to Kiev
- 14:55 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:54 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:54 Children had more chances under Thatcher than Sturgeon, claim
- 14:54 Louts drinking and climbing on roof at former school site
- 14:54 A proud day for Boulmer as base celebrates Freedom of the City
- 14:53 'Bad trip': air force members guarding nuclear missiles took LSD,...
- 14:53 Court finds Spain's ruling party benefited from bribery scheme
- 14:53 'I love you Mum': more tributes paid on day four of Grenfell inquiry
- 14:52 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:52 TV Choice AND TRAILER: Five of the best shows this week
- 14:52 Special rail summit planned after 'dreadful' performance of Northern
- 14:52 Motorists take care to avoid family of geese walking Barrow's streets