New non-emergency ambulance provider apologises after patients describe service as 'chaos'
THE NEW company responsible for operating the non-emergency ambulance service in North Lincolnshire has apologised after patients complained about problems with phone lines and described the service as "chaos".
Thames UK took over running the service from previous provider East Midlands Ambulance Service on Saturday, October 1.
One woman, who relies on the service to get to appointments as she is in a wheelchair, missed a dental appointment on Monday after an ambulance failed to turn up.
Carole Rylatt, 58, from Brigg was due to have a dental appointment at Ironstone medical centre... read more
- 10:16 Project promotes healthy lives
- 10:16 Stratford Alliance results
- 10:15 Liam Hunt: Seventh person charged after teen death
- 10:15 Give excess Army rations to homeless, says Frank Field MP
- 10:14 Nearly 100 women show up for firefighting taster day
- 10:14 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:13 Grantham Journal letter: One complaint ULHT? Very funny
- 10:13 Grantham Journal column: We will not accept downgrade of services...
- 10:13 Arsenal lining up transfer move for Manchester City starlet...
- 10:13 Marcus Rashford will be as good as Antoine Griezmann, insists...
- 10:13 Mino Raiola reveals hilarious reason why Man Utd star Zlatan...
- 10:12 WATCH: Running Form shows support for Burton's Queen's Hospital...
- 10:10 Badly-prepared walkers warned they're risking lives in Cumbria
- 10:10 Cumbrian-based TV chef's California dream
- 10:10 New weather warning issued for Cumbria as stormy weather continues...
- 10:10 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 10:08 Manny Pacquiao reveals terms agreed with Amir Khan for April 23 fight
- 10:08 Rey Vargas too good for Gavin McDonnell as Mexican takes WBC...
- 10:07 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 10:07 Rab C Nesbitt stars inspired by Still Game to bring show to stage
- 10:07 13 super-cute cooking accessories to up your pancake game
- 10:07 'He's acting like an idiot' Mum of tragic boxer Mike Towell blasts...
- 10:07 In-spire-d way of ‘doing church’
- 10:07 Northumberland Camera Club: Snap to it and join our photo band
- 10:06 This lorry driver's heartfelt letter to people of Derby after being...
- 10:05 Literary and Scientific Society: Inequality and social anxiety
- 10:05 Price of stamps to increase
- 10:03 Arsenal starlet stretchered off after suffering serious looking injury
- 10:03 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 10:02 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?