New mothers lack lifesaving advice, says Netmums survey
The Royal College of Midwives says its members are frustrated by not having enough time to spend with new mothers and babies. Photograph: Compassionate Eye Foundation/Getty Images Almost half of new mothers – 47% – are not made aware within 24 hours of giving birth of how to spot dangerous conditions that could kill them or their baby, a poll suggests.
Only 24% of respondents to the Netmums survey said that they could remember receiving information about warning signs, despite guidelines from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) which say they should have the... read more
- 07:54 Barcelona transfer news: Lionel Messi demands six signings -...
- 07:54 Minibus carrying 16 passengers crashes into garden on A1028 in Ulceby
- 07:53 First look inside new trampoline park opening in Skegness next month
- 07:50 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:50 Jacinda Ardern baby: New Zealand prime minister gives birth to a girl
- 07:50 Love Island: Adam sparks warning from charity Women's Aid
- 07:49 Ruben Loftus-Cheek threatens to quit Chelsea for first-team football
- 07:49 Roy Keane regrets not ripping Carlos Queiroz’s head off during...
- 07:49 Hartshead secure third win after successful run chase
- 07:49 Haynes bowls Birstall to sixth victory as promotion challenge...
- 07:48 Wolves transfer special: Why this is gearing up to be the most...
- 07:46 Football transfer rumours: Liverpool eye up Lascelles and Tarkowski?
- 07:46 Nick Phipps and Lukhan Tui in for Australia's decider with Ireland
- 07:46 Investigation launched into huge fire
- 07:44 New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern gives birth to baby girl
- 07:44 MotoGP news: Valentino Rossi strategy to beat Marc Marquez revealed...
- 07:44 Shock deal for Arsenal midfielder looks nailed on bookies claim
- 07:42 Scots urged to turn to tap to arrest plastic bottle scourge
- 07:42 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:41 Call for upskirting bill to include 'deepfake' pornography ban
- 07:41 Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- 07:41 Minibus carrying 16 passengers crashes into garden on A1028 in Ulceby
- 07:40 Day four of Burton Bridge roadworks gets under way - live updates
- 07:39 Vulnerable pupils abandoned by schools, head of Ofsted warns
- 07:38 Thieves steal from person's mobility scooter while parked in...
- 07:38 100th birthday celebration for Washington dairy queen Elsie
- 07:36 Patriotic Hartlepool DJ flying the flag for England in the World Cup
- 07:35 BAE Systems wins £150 million tank contract with US Marine Corps
- 07:34 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:33 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...