'New M1 junction vital to make Stanton Ironworks 2,000-homes development successful'
A 2,000-homes development at the empty Stanton Ironworks site is planned and Conservative MP Maggie Throup has given the proposal her backing. But the Erewash MP believes changes must be made to the M1 to accommodate extra traffic.
People often ask me how and why I got involved in politics; the answer is easy – it was to protect the greenbelt from inappropriate development.
Getting the right balance between economic, environmental and social factors is always difficult and, in this instance, the balance was decided in favour of environmental and social issues, with the greenbelt being saved... read more
- 10:19 Two search and rescue operations launched over 'concerns for safety'
- 10:19 Blackpool FC legend Jimmy Armfield dies after cancer battle
- 10:19 Bid to house Syrian refugees in Lincolnshire
- 10:18 Princess Eugenie announces engagement to Jack Brooksbank
- 10:18 Cristiano Ronaldo trash talks Lionel Messi with Real Madrid mascots
- 10:18 When is the WWE Royal Rumble 2018? Matches, UK TV channel, odds and...
- 10:17 Derby County midfielder Jamie Hanson a 'transfer target' for Bolton...
- 10:17 Japanese flu symptoms - a dry cough could be a sign that you’re...
- 10:17 Blackpool FC legend Jimmy Armfield dies after cancer battle
- 10:17 How often should you have a smear test, what age should you start...
- 10:15 Novak Djokovic: Greg Rusedski makes surprise claim during the...
- 10:15 Ryan Sessegnon next club: Tottenham, Man Utd and Arsenal tipped to...
- 10:15 Where are the best gastropubs in Lancashire?
- 10:15 Liverpool decide they will try to beat Arsenal to Thomas Lemar...
- 10:15 VIDEO: Dancers put best feet forward at Tapathon
- 10:15 'Airline poo' falls on India village causing confusion
- 10:14 Sunderland youngsters show the way ahead for Chris Coleman
- 10:14 Coastguard rescue teams search for missing Blackhall man
- 10:14 Lancashire court listings - Monday, January 22, 2018
- 10:13 Abuse toll on the rise in the borough
- 10:13 Sellafield firefighters on strike today
- 10:13 Praise for emergency services after eight-car collision near Ripon
- 10:13 Driver failed breath test after car sleep
- 10:12 Coastguard rescue teams search for missing Blackhall man
- 10:12 Motorbike and tools stolen from farm near Kettering
- 10:12 Week of enforcement action begins in Northamptonshire against...
- 10:12 Praise for emergency services after eight-car collision near Ripon
- 10:12 Tools stolen from three vans in Stamford
- 10:09 Fire crews called to a house blaze - in Burnt House Road!
- 10:07 VIDEO: Dramatic CCTV footage of hit-and-run in Derbyshire released...