New hope for cricket in Durham as ECB writes to county council for help in finding a 'solution'
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has reached out to Durham County Cricket Club’s creditors in a bid to find a solution and restore international cricket to the Riverside.
Durham has agreed a financial aid package with the ECB - in return for writing off the £2m Durham owes the cricket board, the club is being relegated and has been stripped of its right to host test matches. The side will start next season’s County Championship with a 48-point penalty.
But - despite the rescue package - deals still need to be worked out with the club’s other creditors, which include Durham County... read more
- 14:21 Car crushed by falling wall as Doris hits Lincs
- 14:21 Germany, France want long-term prospects for workers in PSA/Opel...
- 14:21 Record rise in CBI retail prices gauge signals spiralling inflation
- 14:21 Lull in once-rampant British housing market to persist for years -...
- 14:20 WATCH: Storm Doris causes chaos across Burton and South Derbyshire
- 14:18 Arsenal star has been a major disappointment this season - Didi Hamann
- 14:17 High Peak councillors approve 1.9% council tax hike
- 14:17 Nicola Sturgeon's 'heart breaks' for Paige Doherty's family after...
- 14:16 Coronation Street: Is Michelle Connor about to STEAL Leanne...
- 14:15 Sixty schools still lack a defibrillator
- 14:15 Amazon Prime imam 'stopped in the street for selfies'
- 14:15 Jury told girl 'lured' Tuohy
- 14:15 Hairdryers used to strike blow against speeders in Hopeman
- 14:15 Good Samaritans thanked
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing