New Gateway and Silver Jubilee bridges fines "to be pumped back into their running"
Most of the cash paid in fines by motorists crossing the Mersey Gateway and Silver Jubilee bridges will be ploughed back into the project infrastructure and operation, the Merseylink consortium has said.
A spokesman for the group said all revenue, from tolls and penalty charge notices (PCNs), will go to Halton Borough Council to spend until 2044 when the system will be reviewed.
The consortium has not said what exact proportion of the cash will be used for the bridge project and what will be left for the local authority.
If a fine is not resolved or challenged in 42 days, bailiffs will be... read more
- 09:57 Bryn Terfel is the latest star to quit Tosca
- 09:56 Teen Tyler remembered for his ‘infectious giggle’
- 09:56 Football club’s stand against male suicide
- 09:56 Sweets expert reveals country's favourite Christmas confections
- 09:54 Win tickets to see Sunderland AFC take on Fulham FC
- 09:54 Sunderland children's services spend £7.7million on agency staff as...
- 09:53 ASOS launches new Star Wars collection
- 09:53 The Christmas tractor run returns in aid of Katharine House
- 09:53 Top UN award for Pock Man
- 09:52 Black Friday lifts UK retail sales in November
- 09:52 Girl saves dad’s bakery with single tweet
- 09:51 VIDEO: Police and forensics on the scene as Buckingham Street in...
- 09:50 Rumours: Barcelona to continue pursuit of Liverpool star
- 09:49 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp targets Atletico Madrid ace Sime...
- 09:49 St Mirren boss Jack Ross calls for greater protection for star man...
- 09:49 Nelson woman accused of pocketing £71,000 from Burnley care home
- 09:49 India 'religious murder' case: Donations for suspect blocked
- 09:48 Number of people considered homeless jumps by 6%
- 09:48 Satellite pictures show just how much snow fell across Derby and...
- 09:47 David Moyes reveals BRUTAL new rule is the secret to West Ham’s...
- 09:45 Millennials will spend £1.1MILLION on rent over their lifetimes if...
- 09:44 Amazing satellite images show Nottinghamshire blanketed in snow
- 09:44 Passenger plane carrying 25 people crashes into field
- 09:43 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:43 Gun, taser and drugs found in police raid on Sheffield house
- 09:43 The best films on TV this Christmas
- 09:42 Fin-tastic cash for Bassetlaw Hospital
- 09:42 Theft of cash from ATM: Police want to speak to this man
- 09:42 'I got him as a secret Santa present' - the very worst reasons why...
- 09:41 Scarborough Council to crack down on grave memorials after ‘disco’...