New 'game-changer' cancer drug gives hope to 'untreatable' patients
AN immunotherapy drug could soon offer new hope to patients with currently untreatable head and neck cancers.
Nivolumab was hailed a potential "game changer" after it was found to extend the lives of relapsed patients who had run out of therapy options.
After a year of treatment, 36% of trial patients treated with the drug were still alive compared with 17% of those given standard chemotherapy.
Top news stories today Rape case striker to represent himself Sister of Daniel clan gangster's warning Ronnie Coulter's ice bucket challenge Donald Trump's lewd comments revealed 1 of 4... read more
- 09:43 Bizarrely, Amazon is giving away 8,000 free bananas a day
- 09:42 Every player will get their chance in pre-season, says Grimsby Town...
- 09:42 UK growth estimate revised down
- 09:42 Boston Borough Council AGAIN reveal car registrations after...
- 09:41 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:41 Northumberland Livestock
- 09:41 Grand finish to 'The McCoys' this afternoon as Warwick prepares to...
- 09:41 Transfer news LIVE: Latest from Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea...
- 09:40 Net migration falls 84,000 in 2016
- 09:40 Chelsea line-up predicted: Antonio Conte faces dilemma ahead of...
- 09:40 Donald Trump to have shaky meeting with EU in ‘hellhole’ Brussels
- 09:39 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:39 Bradley Lowery 'doesn't have long left to live', heartbroken family...
- 09:39 Star Wars Last Jedi: Supreme Leader Snoke SHOCK news as his part in...
- 09:39 Pokemon Go Rock-type event end time: LAST CHANCE to catch Adventure...
- 09:39 Have Nottingham researchers found new treatment for diabetes patients?
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Neighbour from hell repeatedly played Stayin’ Alive and Sweet Dreams
- 09:37 'I will honour those lost by living each day full of joy' Ariana...
- 09:37 Council investment campaign puts PR firm on awards list
- 09:35 Extra trains from West Yorkshire to London for Huddersfield Town fans
- 09:35 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:35 Manchester terror attack: Further arrests made this morning
- 09:34 Rio Ferdinand believes Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick could stay...
- 09:33 Minute's silence at Chesterfield Town Hall to remember Manchester...