New gadget helps insomniacs fall asleep – by constantly waking them up
There’s a new gadget that helps insomniacs fall asleep, and it does it by constantly waking them up.
No, really. It may sound like it makes no sense whatsoever, but there is method to the madness.
Is this the first case of an 'exploding' iPhone 7? The Thim device, which is placed on the finger, detects when the wearer has entered stage one of the sleep cycle.
It then gently wakes them up every three minutes, encouraging them to repeatedly complete the process of falling asleep.
Sleep researcher Prof Leon Lack co-created the device with Texas-based CEO Ben Olsen, after doing research that... read more
- 07:49 Donald Trump Inauguration: 'America steps into the unknown'
- 07:47 Manchester United transfer odds on top summer signings including...
- 07:46 Generosity of fundraisers enables mum to stand up fully again
- 07:46 Trust chiefs face £290k business rates increase
- 07:46 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 07:44 Link road closed for two hours after lorry fire
- 07:44 Washington braces for massive protests as Trump becomes U.S. president
- 07:43 Manchester United should have signed this Tottenham star - Harry...
- 07:42 Three-vehicle smash closes lane of A19
- 07:42 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 07:41 Andy Murray beats Sam Querrey in third round of the Australian Open...
- 07:41 Dan Evans vs Bernard Tomic LIVE: Follow the action as Britain's No...
- 07:40 Trump protesters pepper sprayed by police in violent clash ahead...
- 07:39 Memory match: Aston Villa v PNE 1968
- 07:39 PNE midfield ace DJ prepares to face old club
- 07:38 Tributes paid to a war hero who was a ‘true gentleman’
- 07:38 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 07:38 Leicestershire weather: Mostly dry and cold. Frost and fog patches...
- 07:38 Daventry district beats national figures for employment
- 07:37 Five Leeds secondary schools fail to hit pupils’ progress targets
- 07:37 Leeds students combat social stigma in new exhibition
- 07:37 Royal Mail shares dip as letter deliveries continue to fall
- 07:37 Digital training hub opens in Leeds city centre
- 07:37 Video: Let It Shine singer visits Leeds primary school
- 07:37 Child's play gets a significant boost at school thanks to £27k project
- 07:37 Russia sees positive signs in Syria peace process - agencies cite...
- 07:36 Midfield priority for David Moyes as Sunderland chase Brady, Boudebouz
- 07:36 All lanes re-opened after car smash on Southbound M6
- 07:33 China cuts reserve ratios for big five banks temporarily amid cash...
- 07:33 Ebola, war … but just two psychiatrists to deal with a nation's trauma