New Everton stadium could be worth £300m to city
A new Everton stadium could be worth £300m to Liverpool’s docklands, Liverpool council’s chief executive says.
Everton is considering building a new stadium on Bramley Moore Dock, just north of the city centre.
Last week Everton’s Farhad Moshiri visited the site with a club delegation to assess its suitability for a stadium. He also visited the club’s alternative potential site in Stonebridge Cross.
But the waterfront site is most popular with fans. And today Ged Fitzgerald from Liverpool council told an audience of potential investors at the Mipim UK conference in London that a stadium at... read more
- 16:32 Council warns residents about 'misleading' flyer
- 16:30 Upper crust pork pie victory by Haighs Shop
- 16:30 Kirklees man arrested over impersonating police officer
- 16:28 Writer AA Gill dies after short battle with cancer
- 16:28 Taxi driver who raped a teenage passenger jailed for 10 years
- 16:25 University tells students ‘don’t dress like Kim Kardashian’...
- 16:25 Hull City fans protest against Allam ownership in front of Anlaby...
- 16:25 ‘Good’ result for Leicestershire Police in latest HMIC inspection
- 16:24 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 16:21 Search for Good Samaritan after woman sexually assaulted
- 16:19 Is your old Nokia or Motorola mobile phone worth up to £1,000?
- 16:18 Upper crust pork pie victory by Haighs Shop
- 16:18 Kirklees man arrested over impersonating police officer
- 16:16 Arsenal star Hector Bellerin takes 17 minutes to underlain his...
- 16:16 INTERVIEW: Anders Lustgarten
- 16:16 Dramatic picture shows car on its roof after crash in Stenson...
- 16:15 Flooded nursery heading into 2017 on a high
- 16:14 Man United Transfer News: Dimitri Payet swap deal, Divock Origi...
- 16:14 WATCH: Santa Claus is coming to town for Marston's Christmas Festival
- 16:14 Killer drivers to face life sentences in plans put forward by...
- 16:13 Accident closes busy South Yorkshire road
- 16:12 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Pupils show off model homes
- 16:12 Moulton Seas End teen’s passion for animals set to leave legacy
- 16:12 Football club members lose their locks to raise money for cancer fight
- 16:10 Fans claim Jose Mourinho would be banned if he ‘pushed’ fourth...
- 16:09 Neglected dog with badly matted hair has received a desperately...
- 16:09 'Ingoldmells fire has turned my cafe into a pile of rubble'
- 16:07 National Geographic announce the winners of their kids’...
- 16:04 Community rallies to support families left homeless by hotel blaze...
- 16:03 Swansea stages show of support for Bradley Lowery at Sunderland game