New car park rules after rise in complaints
Motorists using a car park will be limited to two-hour stays after businesses complained there was nowhere for shoppers to leave their cars.
Wigan Council’s regulation committee approved the proposal to limit the use of Derby Street car park between 8am and 6pm Monday to Saturday in Tyldesley.
The proposal to limit waiting has been approved following concerns from businesses and residents Mike Worden Councillors heard the local authority had received numerous complaints about people leaving cars for long periods of time and also blocking loading and delivering areas for shops on The... read more
- 14:47 Jurgen Klopp expects to see ‘100 per cent’ from the Liverpool crowd...
- 14:47 Top banks' fourth-quarter commodities revenue jumps 20-25 percent -...
- 14:46 Rafael Nadal opens up after battling win over Gael Monfils at...
- 14:46 E-cigarettes ‘attract teenagers who wouldn’t normally smoke,' finds...
- 14:46 North East MPs tell PM Theresa May: Reveal Government 'guarantees'...
- 14:46 Danny Cowley happy to see Lincoln City fans back in Stacey West Stand
- 14:44 Watch Saturday Night Live’s musical sketch tribute to Barack Obama
- 14:44 Caught in queues in London Road this morning? Here's why
- 14:43 AMERICA’S BREXIT? New bill could pull US out of UN in funding row
- 14:43 Ethiopian crushed to death in Calais – but police REFUSE to accept...
- 14:43 Classic 1973 Range Rover that travelled through AFRICA goes on sale
- 14:43 WATCH: Young girl, 7, pens heartfelt open letter to Prime Minister...
- 14:42 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:42 Police concerned for safety of 25-year-old man
- 14:42 Public urged to vote for Scotland’s beavers
- 14:41 Charity challenge Walking With The Wounded aiming for biggest year yet
- 14:41 Warning to older people as Met Office issues cold weather alert
- 14:40 Holbeach Music Cafe to reopen at WI Hall
- 14:40 Emergency planning meeting to mobilise village community
- 14:40 Anglesey farmer forks out £500 after assaulting young woman in pub...
- 14:40 German government holds 2017 growth forecast at 1.4 percent - sources
- 14:39 Wall St. set to open lower amid uncertainty under Trump
- 14:39 Ban lifted on Indian bull-taming events to end mass protests
- 14:38 LIVE: Coastguard helicopter responds to 'ongoing incident' in...
- 14:38 Town’s oldest building to be saved from possible collapse
- 14:38 Jurgen Klopp: How injury to star man hit Liverpool players
- 14:38 Has Jurgen Klopp just given up on Liverpool winning the title?
- 14:38 Perplexed by your pension? You're not alone - we lift the lid on...
- 14:37 Changes over time give tower surrealistic feel
- 14:37 Civic Society marks 40 years