Netflix hit Stranger Things spooked the Department of Energy into admitting that it IS supporting research into the possibility of parallel universes
Netflix hit show Stranger Things has spooked the Department of Energy into admitting that it does support research into parallel universes.
The series prompted the department to publish a blog in August, in which there is an entire section entitled The Energy Department Doesn't Explore Parallel Universes.
However, that claim - along with others - may have been exposed as a lie by a freedom of information request asking for any internal references to the series.
Lachlan Markay admitted there was 'more than I expected' after posting a picture of the huge pile of papers he received back,... read more
- 15:35 Award hopes for Gainsborough primary school
- 15:33 Shetland pony stabbed during incident at farm near Raunds
- 15:33 Appeal to find owner of CDs handed in at Wellingborough police station
- 15:32 Decision on plan to build 425 homes near Burton Green postponed
- 15:31 This is when the new £2.2M chemotherapy unit will open at Solihull...
- 15:30 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:30 Two desparate offenders tried to steal donated goods from a charity...
- 15:30 Appeal to find owner of CDs handed in at Wellingborough police station
- 15:29 Nasa reveals the truth about whether an apocalypse asteroid will...
- 15:29 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:29 Leeds lap dancing club Silks allowed to keep trading
- 15:27 Leeds United branded 'disgraceful' after announcing Myanmar tour
- 15:26 Man, 58, arrested in Burton on suspicion of being involved in...
- 15:26 Increased security at Birmingham Airport today - this is why
- 15:26 No spring in the property market's step: Dwindling supplies of...
- 15:25 Burton Albion ladies survive fightback to avenge previous defeat to...
- 15:24 Theatre Review Subtle slant on black and white issues
- 15:24 Music Review Voice and guitar virtuosity from Roberts and Lakeman
- 15:24 Friends take on 621 mile cycle challenge at Rutland Water
- 15:24 Theatre Review Distinctly rocky horror show
- 15:24 Blind Alec goes the distance for Uppingham’s Hopper
- 15:24 Music Review Sax sensations from Steve Williamson
- 15:24 Rutland businesses reap benefits of faster broadband
- 15:24 Theatre Review Soft-focus tribute to a gritty working-class writer
- 15:23 Harry Potter themed party announced for Edinburgh MagicFest
- 15:23 Prom fashion on parade in Alnwick
- 15:23 10 of the best Edinburgh beer gardens you might not know about
- 15:23 Streamers delighted as Jonny joins as manager
- 15:23 Portrait of local laird for sale
- 15:23 Cliff Richard case: Editor has 'no concerns' over helicopter footage