Netflix adds 3.2m new users in just three months thanks to original shows such as Stranger Things, helping its share price to soar by 20%
Netflix added far more customers than forecast in the last three months thanks to the success of new shows such as Luke Cage and Stranger Things, it has revealed.
In the period between July and September, it added 3.2million subscribers worldwide, considerably higher than the 2.01million average analyst estimate as its original content continues to prove popular, it said on Monday.
The boom in customers came despite a recent monthly subscription price hike in the US and the UK.
It means the streaming service now has 83.3million subscribers across the globe.
The figures represent a... read more
- 02:27 Leader of Australia's biggest state economy quits politics
- 02:26 Blake’s concern over Powerhouse “shift”
- 02:20 Tina & Bobby: The real golden couple – in pictures
- 02:19 Memphis Depay to Lyon: Man United winger pictured on arrival as...
- 02:19 Australian Open: Brit Kyle Edmund crashes out in straight sets to...
- 02:17 Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- 02:17 Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover -...
- 02:14 OSCE report cites concerns about U.S. electoral system - German media
- 02:14 Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz III will happen - Joe Rogan
- 02:14 British Tennis ace Dan Evans reveals worries during stunning...
- 02:10 Kyle Edmund crashes out of Australian Open after second-round...
- 02:07 Germany says boosting defence spending, demands clear U.S. agenda
- 02:00 China says police and judges need absolute loyalty to party
- 01:53 NHS staff shortages: Why so persistent?
- 01:53 The man correcting stories about Muslims
- 01:51 UPDATE: Police have formally identified teenage girl
- 01:50 Sedentary lifestyle in older women 'ages body cells'
- 01:49 Australian Open: Brit Johanna Konta picks off Naomi Osaka to reach...
- 01:45 Eddie Jones undecided on whether Dylan Hartley will lead England at...
- 01:44 Johanna Konta overcomes Naomi Osaka as Karolina Pliskova charges...
- 01:39 Australia Day campaign raises A$100,000 to replace billboard
- 01:34 Johanna Konta surges into round three of the Australian Open with a...
- 01:34 Worry over severity of WP Nel's neck injury that could keep...
- 01:24 Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has been integral to Shkodran...
- 01:24 Mike Tyson releases diss track targeting Floyd Mayweather and...
- 01:23 Gambia's President Jammeh refuses to leave office as deadline passes
- 01:21 Manchester United star Anthony Martial was a huge fan of Ronaldo...
- 01:12 Robotic sleeve 'hugs' failing hearts
- 01:08 Looking ahead this year’s activities
- 01:07 Alibaba's Ma says no chance of U.S. trade war with China