Neighbours raise fears of gas-fuelled power plant
Objections have been raised to plans for a new power plant in Brampton.
A number of people have voiced concerns about proposed gas-powered electricity generators and radiators in a vacant building on Townfoot Industrial Estate.
Issues surrounding noise and “toxic” emissions are the main concern for residents living in Townfoot Park, to the east of the site.
Plans submitted to Carlisle City Council show how Bristol-based TGC Emerald Ltd wants to install and operate the three generators in Unit 5 at Centurion Court, which has been empty since 2005.
The proposed 1.5MW generators, which will be... read more
- 13:14 Cops being recruited in Barrow: how you can apply
- 13:14 RBS shares bounce as it reveals it won't sell off Williams & Glyn...
- 13:14 Pensioners could be left thousands of pounds poorer as government...
- 13:14 Shigellosis: Everything you need to know about this highly...
- 13:14 Foodies flock to Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb
- 13:14 Yorkshire Tea teapots recalled after reports of 'breaking'
- 13:13 London ranked seventh worst city in the world for traffic jams
- 13:13 Man flees with dog as severe fire rips through Staffordshire house
- 13:13 Ben Stokes sets record price for an overseas player in IPL
- 13:13 Do Not Disturb: Macdonald Resort, Aviemore
- 13:12 Trump defends himself over SWEDEN terror claims and cites Fox News...
- 13:12 Man taken to hospital after attack on Chestnut Street in Deighton
- 13:12 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 13:11 "Wrexham AFC are a good side, we had to keep ourselves in the game"
- 13:10 Why it is now harder to illegally stream football and movies
- 13:10 Undercover police sting snared 'predatory' man trying to incite...
- 13:09 How can we alter farming practices in upland Wales to ensure its...
- 13:09 ‘Homeless’ begging gang pictured getting out of car together before...
- 13:09 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:09 Paedophile David Sutton smuggles blade into Hull court dock on...
- 13:09 Arson investigation after elderly man's mobility scooter set-alight
- 13:08 Joey Essex just swore live on This Morning – because of a ‘f**king...
- 13:08 Lucas Perez wants to leave Arsenal ‘at any cost’, confirms...
- 13:08 £117k youth club windfall
- 13:08 New chief commits to action plan on rural crime
- 13:07 Footage shows scuffles outside ground as Mansfield Town lose at...
- 13:07 Roe v Wade: plaintiff's death highlights weakening of abortion...
- 13:07 NHS trusts overspent by nearly £900m
- 13:06 Police probe 100-man brawl in city centre
- 13:06 Can you help this mother find her late son's lost artworks?