Need a pick-me-up? Eat chocolate... but not too quickly: Psychologists encourage us to try 'mindful eating'
Scientists have confirmed what most of us with a sweet tooth already knew – eating chocolate really does make you happy.
But the research is bad news for Bridget Jones style bingers who polish off a box of chocolates hoping to soothe their troubles.
According to the study, chocolate lovers who engage in what psychologists call ‘mindful eating’ end up in a much better mood than those who wolf down their treat without stopping to enjoy it.
Mindful eating involves focusing on the food itself, taking time to savour the flavour and not allowing anything to distract from the pleasure.
It is based... read more
- 10:16 Power cut shuts down Sunderland traffic lights
- 10:15 Comment: What has gone wrong for Aston Villa in 2017
- 10:15 Villa fan Nigel Kennedy to play Symphony Hall gala on the day of a...
- 10:15 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce: Martin O'Neill delivers his verdict
- 10:14 Manchester City enjoy warm weather training camp in Abu Dhabi as...
- 10:14 York and Leeds scientists in breakthrough on ‘unlocking’ common...
- 10:13 PS Plus March 2017 update: PS4 free games news REVEALED
- 10:12 Praise for community for efforts to apprehend ‘armed’ raider
- 10:12 Caught on camera: Do you know them?
- 10:12 ‘Drunken’ magician falls 25ft while monkey-barring across a roof
- 10:12 RUMOUR MILL: Real Madrid in secret talks for Hazard, Rooney’s agent...
- 10:12 Stewartry pair Alex Craig and Stafford McDowall set to represent...
- 10:12 Dutch right-winger Geert Wilders sees himself as Holland's WINSTON...
- 10:12 FTSE LIVE: Footsie flat in a session dominated by corporate...
- 10:11 Storm Doris: Yorkshire braces itself for 80mph winds and torrential...
- 10:11 Man rescued but two dogs killed in blaze
- 10:11 London firm to manage historic resort hotel
- 10:11 ECB chief economist warns Brexit impact could turn nasty
- 10:11 Barclays reports surprise capital boost as legal costs loom
- 10:11 British man accused of masterminding German cyber attack
- 10:10 Fourth teenager charged over street shooting
- 10:10 Storm Doris: What is a weather bomb?
- 10:10 Louth councillor slams BNP leaflets as ‘disgusting’
- 10:10 Mablethorpe Seal Sanctuary education room re-opens
- 10:10 Advice issued on protecting yourself and property as Storm Doris...
- 10:09 Chelsea v Swansea: Win a pair of tickets to this Premier League...
- 10:09 Arsene Wenger has been brilliant for Arsenal... but they’ve been...
- 10:09 Motorcyclist dies after crash in Bottesford
- 10:09 Starbucks is bringing fancy Nitro Cold Brew Coffee to their UK stores
- 10:09 1,000,000 people watch home movie recreation of The Moorside