Need a pick-me-up? Eat chocolate... but not too quickly: Psychologists encourage us to try 'mindful eating'
Scientists have confirmed what most of us with a sweet tooth already knew – eating chocolate really does make you happy.
But the research is bad news for Bridget Jones style bingers who polish off a box of chocolates hoping to soothe their troubles.
According to the study, chocolate lovers who engage in what psychologists call ‘mindful eating’ end up in a much better mood than those who wolf down their treat without stopping to enjoy it.
Mindful eating involves focusing on the food itself, taking time to savour the flavour and not allowing anything to distract from the pleasure.
It is based... read more
- 16:15 How has this been allowed to happen? Brave Alex Novakovic and his...
- 16:15 Fears over killer food poisoning bug prompt recall
- 16:15 U.S. STOCKS MOVE HIGHER; DOW UP 0.25 PCT, S&P 500 UP 0.1 PCT,...
- 16:15 Fabulous at 40 - The celebrities who don't seem to age
- 16:14 View from the Zoo: Free ranging friendly birds
- 16:13 Halifax bow and arrow girl shooting 'not intentional'
- 16:12 Real Madrid tie Lucas Vazquez down to long-term contract after...
- 16:12 Quiz: can you name all 33 Burton Albion players Nigel Clough has...
- 16:11 Thousands stolen from security man during violent robbery in...
- 16:11 Social worker is in the running to win major award
- 16:10 Manchester United youngster Nishan Burkart scores outrageous winner...
- 16:10 Halloween highlights in the Harrogate District
- 16:10 Rock Up and Sing! choir set to perform gigs in Budapest
- 16:10 Column – Transport Talk with Don Mackenzie
- 16:10 Businesses evacuated in Stirling after gas leak at industrial estate
- 16:10 The unfair secrets behind celebrity fitness DVDs
- 16:10 Brother of stab victim to run for Chorley’s A&E
- 16:09 Police called after pig’s head found in Wellingborough
- 16:09 Repton left 'in chaos' due to diversion signs misleading drivers,...
- 16:09 Shop banned from selling alcohol after employing illegal immigrant
- 16:08 Revealed: Our top 10 nightmares, and what they mean
- 16:08 Councils accused of taking risks with OAPs' wellbeing by failing to...
- 16:07 First look inside Halloween Spooktacular - pictures and video
- 16:07 Looking for work experience? We asked a job search expert for top tips
- 16:07 From cheeky scrawls to hilling tags - a look at Newcastle's graffiti
- 16:06 England need top order to come good as they look to wrap up Test...
- 16:06 Sports Minister Tracey Crouch shows off her football skills at the...
- 16:06 Ukip MEPs Steven Woolfe and Mike Hookem reported to French police...
- 16:06 Seaman caught with child abuse pictures after scaring girl, eight,...
- 16:05 Council forced to clean up overflowing rubbish which littered...