Nearly 200 jobs under threat at Britax factory in Bridlington
Nearly 200 jobs are under threat as one of Bridlington's biggest employers relocate to Leeds.
Car light and seat makers Britax, who operate on the town's Bessingby Industrial Estate, are to cease work in the area after plans for a new factory were submitted to Leeds City Council.
The firm's owners, Ecco Safety Group (ESG), already employ 85 people in West Yorkshire and say that the proposals will "consolidate" their sites.
ESG employs 194 people in Bridlington, of whom 150 physically work in the town's factory.
• More news: Ice rink, shops and multi-storey car park planned to... read more
- 20:19 Council probes whether trees were felled illegally at Haytop...
- 20:19 Keep or sell: Which players do Aston Villa fans think Steve Bruce...
- 20:18 Sheffield residents must be 'eyes and ears' of police in fight...
- 20:18 Mating osprey pair reunite for third year at Scots reserve
- 20:17 Alcoholic vicar stole £100,000 in funeral fees from church and blew...
- 20:17 Wall Street falls as doubts mount about Trump healthcare bill
- 20:17 More than 200 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- 20:15 Manchester United on brink of completing Antoine Griezmann transfer...
- 20:15 Antoine Griezmann to Manchester United transfer on verge of completion
- 20:13 Snooker stars return to Ricoh for Champion of Champions tournament
- 20:12 Wales gearing up for pivotal World Cup qualifier in Dublin
- 20:12 Alexis Sanchez determined to leave Arsenal, Mesut Ozil offered this...
- 20:12 Chelsea striker's agent asked about client's future: Doesn't rule...
- 20:10 Gareth Bale 'must not hold anything back' against Republic of...
- 20:09 Firefighters called to three car fires across Lincolnshire
- 20:09 Swiss National Bank committed to expansive policy
- 20:07 Mother and son team lacing on gloves for boxing matches
- 20:05 UPDATE: Police are investigating TWO 'incidents' at Birches Head...
- 20:05 Town sign former Southampton defender Thomas on loan from...
- 20:04 Moira Anderson search: No remains found in canal
- 20:03 Major operation underway in Moray after 'suspicious substance'...
- 20:03 Retail Quarter jobs boom
- 20:03 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 20:02 Manchester United closing in on Antoine Griezmann: Jose Mourinho...
- 20:01 EU regulators to clear Dow and ChemChina deals next week - sources
- 19:58 US healthcare bill: Blow for Trump as House vote delayed
- 19:57 Doctor Who: Peter Capaldi reveals REAL reason he quit BBC show
- 19:57 Sport Illustrated model fell asleep during the 12 hours it took to...
- 19:57 Hollyoaks spoilers: The identity of Leela Lomax’s stalker is revealed
- 19:56 Ackman's Pershing Square Holdings seeks London listing