Nearly 20,000 patients wait over four hours for A&E at flagship hospital
Almost 20,000 patients have waited over four hours for treatment at the NHS’s flagship Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH) since it opened in May 2015.
Analysis of official figures conduced by the Liberal Democrats found that 19,577 out of 159,123 patients attending A&E have waited more than 4 hours.
That equates to an average performance rate of just 87.7 per cent when it comes to patients being treated within four hours against the against the 95 per cent target.
QEUH only managed to hit the target during two weeks out of 92. Those were the weeks ending 6 December 2015 and 3... read more
- 13:05 Three weeks of road works already started on A17 in Lincolnshire is...
- 13:05 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 13:04 Will we get a white Christmas this year?
- 13:04 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 13:03 Tyne Bridge to be repainted and resurfaced in £15m makeover - but...
- 13:02 Is this the cheapest property for auction in the UK?
- 13:02 Chris Evans invites bullied teen to Avengers: Infinity War premiere...
- 13:02 Yellow weather warning for ice in place for Wolverhampton as...
- 13:00 Power cut hits 1,200 properties in Carlisle
- 13:00 Three men admit burglary at Maryport business
- 13:00 14 AMAZING elf ideas to see you through to Christmas
- 13:00 Man who made off with village shop's till admits robbery
- 12:58 North West clubs happy with last-16 ties
- 12:58 Golden Globes 2018 nominations: FULL LIST for movies - see who’s up...
- 12:58 Knifepoint robber in hi-vis vest injured Dewsbury shopkeeper as he...
- 12:58 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 12:58 Fresh snow and ice warning for North East as schools are closed and...
- 12:57 Human trafficker wanted by police is arrested in West Yorkshire
- 12:56 From Tricky Trev to Le God: Birmingham City's top 20 cult heroes...
- 12:56 Steve Cotterill, Sam Gallagher and Co front up: What THAT clip...
- 12:56 Slam Dunk 2018: Good Charlotte announced as co-headliner for...
- 12:56 Hoax 999 call made in Sutton Coldfield during treacherous conditions
- 12:56 Sunderland pupils on the ball with Futsal
- 12:56 Explosion at New York bus terminal, reports bomb squad rush to...
- 12:55 Christmas family fun days out and winter breaks at Flamingo Land
- 12:55 Council lists bin services affected by snow
- 12:55 Oliver, 12, re-opens Fulwood library
- 12:55 14 AMAZING elf ideas to see you through to Christmas
- 12:54 Taxi driver explains why some cabbies are "cherry picking" and...
- 12:54 Explosion at Port Authority station in New York City