Near drowning of Thai student renews calls to end hazing

Thai student Chokchai Thongnuakao almost died when he swam across a university campus pond on the orders of a senior. He was half way to other side when cramp stuck and he went under.
Chokchai, 19, said he was unconscious for three days in hospital. His doctor, who declined to be identified, said the dirty pond water had caused an inflammation of the lung.
"As a freshman, I had to do what my seniors told me to," Chokchai told Reuters a month after his scare.
The case has intensified a campaign to abolish the controversial and sometimes deadly initiation rituals, which take place... read more

13 October 2016 in World News, Views: 30
Source: Reuters

    News Widget for Webmasters

    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News


    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28