Navy monitors Russian nuclear-powered vessels heading for North Sea
The Royal Navy is preparing for Russia's flagship aircraft carrier and a fleet of vessels to enter the North Sea.
Norwegian surveillance teams picked up the nuclear-powered Admiral Kuznetzov and six other naval ships off coast on Monday en-route Syria.
Related article: Royal Navy intercepts Russian submarine in North Sea
The Admiral Kuznetzov is carrying fighter jets, reconnaissance and combat helicopters and cruise missiles which will be used to bolster Russia’s bombing campaign in support of President Bashar al-Assad.
It was reported earlier this month how RAF pilots had been ordered to... read more
- 15:10 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:10 Nigel Clough gives update on early contract discussions with Matt...
- 15:10 Aussie flu LATEST: Almost 600 hospitalised in seven days - deadly...
- 15:10 ‘A gentleman of the old school’
- 15:10 A fond farewell to true hero of the Coquet Valley
- 15:10 Nominate your community heroes
- 15:09 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:09 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:09 Scarlet fever: Number of cases hit 40, with Barrow among places hit
- 15:09 Images of Yesteryear
- 15:09 New timetable of healthy walks launched for Northumberland
- 15:09 Riddle over sudden demise of Wigan pub
- 15:08 Merkel's grand coalition could be over in TWO YEARS - even if it's...
- 15:08 German wage STAGNATION: EU immigration to blame for low level, top...
- 15:08 Smuggling gang SMASHED after years of bringing Iraq migrants to UK...
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle announces names baby boy Chester Raymond Beadle McVey...
- 15:07 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:07 Derby County midfielder George Thorne expresses delight at signing...
- 15:06 South Kesteven councillor calls for abolition of county council
- 15:06 Grants to help Wyre youngsters develop skills
- 15:06 Council's unanimous opposition to rural fracking bid
- 15:06 South Shields woman claimed drugs were sweets after smuggling them...
- 15:05 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:05 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:05 Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge
- 15:05 Northants Police issue doorstep crime warning after high winds
- 15:05 High Tides - January 20 to January 27
- 15:04 Survey reveals concerns of hearing loss in the workplace
- 15:04 Wigan beer figures speak out against industry sexism
- 15:04 Pupils inspired to spring clean