National Living Wage: The people who aren’t entitled to it
0 Have your say Brexit is likely to knock 10p off the National Living Wage next year, according to research by the Resolution Foundation.
The weaker pay outlook in the face of economic uncertainty is likely to cut 10p from the wage, which was brought in at £7.20 an hour in April and was set to rise to £7.60 next year. But not everyone is benefiting from the rise as it stands.
Nuns are exempt from the Living Wage Nuns, monks and similar have been exempted from the minimum wage law since its introduction by Tony Blair’s government in 1999. Work for the community for any... read more
- 14:54 ‘YOU’RE SCANDALOUS’ French MP in astonishing UK attack over...
- 14:54 Sexually assaulted in VR: Female gamer feels 'violated' after being...
- 14:54 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:53 The Star reveals mystery locations of new Sheffield street art
- 14:53 Scottish Premiership supersub revealed - which player has made the...
- 14:53 New post office puts Heron at the heart of South Yorkshire community
- 14:53 Man charged with alleged Sheffield burglary
- 14:52 Upmarket steakhouse set to open this week at Northampton's former...
- 14:52 City shamed as bigamy blackspot - after love rat dumped sick wife...
- 14:52 Cookery duo set to open Northampton pub after quarter of a million...
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone