National Living Wage: The people who aren’t entitled to it
0 Have your say Brexit is likely to knock 10p off the National Living Wage next year, according to research by the Resolution Foundation.
The weaker pay outlook in the face of economic uncertainty is likely to cut 10p from the wage, which was brought in at £7.20 an hour in April and was set to rise to £7.60 next year. But not everyone is benefiting from the rise as it stands.
Nuns are exempt from the Living Wage Nuns, monks and similar have been exempted from the minimum wage law since its introduction by Tony Blair’s government in 1999. Work for the community for any... read more
- 10:49 Revealed: Cost of delayed discharge to Scunthorpe hospital
- 10:49 Real Madrid news: Zinedine Zidane makes huge Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 10:48 Building of new £4.2m teaching block at Todmorden High School begins
- 10:48 Government scraps digital tax hit for landlords, small firms and...
- 10:48 Japanese promotion sanctions fight between 12-year-old Child and...
- 10:48 The unicorn trend is infantalising us all and it needs to die
- 10:47 Train operator reveals Friday strike timetable
- 10:47 Powerhouse fund firm’s new Preston office
- 10:47 Corrie star Kym immortalised in wax
- 10:47 Top five strategies for new runners
- 10:46 Bank Holiday weather predictions for the North West
- 10:46 Corrie star Kym immortalised in wax
- 10:46 Who is Coventry City's new commercial director David Boddy?
- 10:46 Professional football clubs raided over suspected tax fraud
- 10:46 Rail stike to go ahead as union talks collapse
- 10:45 Magic wall of sound from Mendoza
- 10:45 Where is the much-vaunted BBC ‘impartiality’?
- 10:45 Man City transfer targets should include a defensive midfielder...
- 10:45 Police have launched an appeal to find missing 20-year-old Jenessa...
- 10:45 Female jogger punched in the face and subjected to horrific sex...
- 10:45 Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Who will come out on top in La Liga title...
- 10:45 Everton star Morgan Schneiderlin warns Premier League leaders...
- 10:45 Rail stike to go ahead as union talks collapse
- 10:45 Sunderland boss David Moyes charged with bringing the game in to...
- 10:44 When are the 2017/18 Football League fixtures released?
- 10:44 Higher exports to lift German growth, investments - economy ministry
- 10:44 Why do snooker players wear bow ties and waistcoats?
- 10:44 Woman robbed at knife-point in Welford Road in Leicester city centre
- 10:44 Corrie star Kym immortalised in wax
- 10:44 'I would be dead if it wasn't for caring duo'