National Living Wage: The people who aren’t entitled to it
0 Have your say Brexit is likely to knock 10p off the National Living Wage next year, according to research by the Resolution Foundation.
The weaker pay outlook in the face of economic uncertainty is likely to cut 10p from the wage, which was brought in at £7.20 an hour in April and was set to rise to £7.60 next year. But not everyone is benefiting from the rise as it stands.
Nuns are exempt from the Living Wage Nuns, monks and similar have been exempted from the minimum wage law since its introduction by Tony Blair’s government in 1999. Work for the community for any... read more
- 09:56 Jealous husband stabbed wife to death because she talked to...
- 09:56 City News: Halfords' happy Christmas, furniture-makers fined and a...
- 09:56 U.S. consortium reveals failed bid for Nottingham Forest
- 09:56 Hospitals issue safety alerts
- 09:56 Manchester United could do with a miracle but it's Man City who...
- 09:56 Uber to pay $20 million to settle U.S. claims it misled drivers
- 09:55 Devastated family of missing dad-of-four pay heartbreaking tribute...
- 09:53 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:53 Enthusiasts putting on their dancing shoes for Roy Castle
- 09:53 BREAKING: ISIS destroys ancient monuments in Palmyra after jihadis...
- 09:52 Todmorden’s Yorkshire Bank branch to be axed
- 09:52 David De Gea offers Manchester United star Paul Pogba advice after...
- 09:52 World-class striker discusses transfer to Liverpool
- 09:51 Man defends digger driver dad implicated in disappearance of Ben...
- 09:51 Robbie Fowler reveals the real story behind his Liverpool exit
- 09:51 Ranked and reviewed: Manchester United’s No.7s - is Memphis Depay...
- 09:50 Zoo demolition revealed new elephant house
- 09:49 Premier League boss hands Chelsea transfer blow: I hope this deal...
- 09:49 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:49 Police arrest five and recover Class A drugs after stopping man in...
- 09:49 Edenred shares fall as major investor Colony exits via stake sale
- 09:49 Police ‘very concerned’ for missing Leeds teenager
- 09:48 Appeal after car in collision with woman walking dogs in South Cumbria
- 09:48 Three killed and twenty injured after man deliberately drives at...
- 09:48 British workman dies in Qatar during construction of 2022 World Cup...
- 09:48 Plenty to see and hear on Wakefield’s Artwalk on January 25
- 09:47 Royal seal of approval for South Yorkshire midwife
- 09:47 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match ahead of...
- 09:47 Asian stocks, dollar drop as Trump caution outweighs China GDP
- 09:47 Spain arrests Russian bank-account hacker wanted by FBI