National Living Wage: The people who aren’t entitled to it
0 Have your say Brexit is likely to knock 10p off the National Living Wage next year, according to research by the Resolution Foundation.
The weaker pay outlook in the face of economic uncertainty is likely to cut 10p from the wage, which was brought in at £7.20 an hour in April and was set to rise to £7.60 next year. But not everyone is benefiting from the rise as it stands.
Nuns are exempt from the Living Wage Nuns, monks and similar have been exempted from the minimum wage law since its introduction by Tony Blair’s government in 1999. Work for the community for any... read more
- 15:09 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:09 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:09 Scarlet fever: Number of cases hit 40, with Barrow among places hit
- 15:09 Images of Yesteryear
- 15:09 New timetable of healthy walks launched for Northumberland
- 15:09 Riddle over sudden demise of Wigan pub
- 15:08 Merkel's grand coalition could be over in TWO YEARS - even if it's...
- 15:08 German wage STAGNATION: EU immigration to blame for low level, top...
- 15:08 Smuggling gang SMASHED after years of bringing Iraq migrants to UK...
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle announces names baby boy Chester Raymond Beadle McVey...
- 15:07 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:07 Derby County midfielder George Thorne expresses delight at signing...
- 15:06 South Kesteven councillor calls for abolition of county council
- 15:06 Grants to help Wyre youngsters develop skills
- 15:06 Council's unanimous opposition to rural fracking bid
- 15:06 South Shields woman claimed drugs were sweets after smuggling them...
- 15:05 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:05 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:05 Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge
- 15:05 Northants Police issue doorstep crime warning after high winds
- 15:05 High Tides - January 20 to January 27
- 15:04 Survey reveals concerns of hearing loss in the workplace
- 15:04 Wigan beer figures speak out against industry sexism
- 15:04 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:04 SNP rejects claims of ‘Trump-like’ party political broadcast
- 15:04 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:04 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:03 Police investigating sexual assault in Carlisle
- 15:01 US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- 15:01 Jose Mourinho: Alexis Sanchez transfer ‘not done at all’