Mystery shopping didn’t make me rich, but I got to see snow monkeys in Japan! We hear YOUR revelations
Our report last month on mystery shopping – people going undercover to check on the quality of the service offered by retailers – provoked a huge response from readers. TOBY WALNE, an erstwhile ‘mystery shopper’, shares their experiences, good and bad.
A secret army of half a million spies is currently poking around Britain’s shopping aisles and lurking in restaurant corners checking on customer service standards.
The chances are that you have come across one of these undercover agents as 1,500 are out pacing our high streets at any one time. But because they look like everyday shoppers... read more
- 09:11 Decision made on controversial 150-home proposal for edge of Winshill
- 09:11 ALERT: Masked men spotted on CCTV trying doors in Sheffield suburb
- 09:10 Liverpool and Real Madrid target Alisson tipped to become world's...
- 09:11 Meet your 2018 Hartlepool Chippy of the Year winner
- 09:10 Tottenham 'join Arsenal' in battle to sign Jonny Evans for £3m if...
- 09:10 Germany take on Brazil in Berlin as England host Italy at...
- 09:10 Trojans U13 Warriors show desire in defeat to Normanton
- 09:10 Bands ready to put on acoustic show at Slam Dunk
- 09:09 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:08 ALERT: Masked men spotted on CCTV trying doors in Sheffield suburb
- 09:08 How Trinity Leeds paved the way for a shopping revolution
- 09:08 Calls for Warwick District Council to release study into...
- 09:08 Traffic at a standstill on M621 in Leeds
- 09:08 What is it like to be in a driverless car? We put the first...
- 09:08 Mum FINED after autistic daughter, 9, missed school for charity ski...
- 09:07 Mum shares brutal Aldi warning and urges you to 'never' shop there
- 09:06 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:05 10 of the best places to eat in Yorkshire
- 09:05 Task force set up to help homeless in Warwick district
- 09:04 Elderly couple taken to hospital after lamppost crash
- 09:04 Trio of burglars flee after Sheffield resident catches them red handed
- 09:04 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:04 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:03 Wigan pensioner who hoarded vile child porn is spared jail
- 09:02 Ex-Aston Villa star and his Real Housewives of Cheshire wife...
- 09:02 Jeremy Vine sparks row after broadcasting train passenger's loud...
- 09:01 Trio of burglars flee after Sheffield resident catches them red handed
- 09:00 Championship news: Reading to announce Jaap Stam's successor today...
- 08:59 Four-day inquest scheduled following death of Barrow dad, 45
- 08:59 Pervert marine engineer had nearly 25,000 indecent images of children