Mystery of how house fire started which killed 61-year-old grandmother and her pet dog
MYSTERY surrounds how a woman tragically burned to death in her home without anyone knowing.
An inquest into the death of Tina Coull, 61, of Peaksfield Avenue heard she was discovered by her grand daughter and a neighbour, who alerted the fire service.
Also found dead was her pet Yorkshire terrier, Lucy.
But the coroner Paul Kelly said it remained unknown when and how the fire started.
He concluded the most likely cause was a "renegade cigarette she smoked coupled with her immobility and inability to raise herself".
Next to the armchair was an empty litre-bottle of vodka and... read more
- 11:47 Dashcam drive from Hessle to Hull Paragon Station...in 1996!
- 11:46 New Zealand make early inroads in third Test against South Africa...
- 11:46 Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi wants to be his own man: 'I have...
- 11:46 Gianluigi Buffon joined an elite club by playing in the 1,000th...
- 11:47 Etchings that once sparked a royal row go on show
- 11:46 Luiz Felipe Scolari denies he will retire from coaching at the end...
- 11:46 Seamus Coleman will come back 'fitter and stronger' from horrific...
- 11:46 Daniel Ricciardo apologises to Red Bull after Australian GP...
- 11:46 Young boy spots 'Friendly Paedophile' following Weelsby Academy...
- 11:45 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:45 Egyptian court suspends jail sentence against journalists
- 11:44 New car tax rules and TV licence fees to rise - new laws coming...
- 11:44 Bradley Lowery's excitement ahead of leading out England with 'best...
- 11:43 Battle for Mosul: Residents flee ahead of air strikes
- 11:42 Charities outline their work to club
- 11:42 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:37 17-year-old amateur boxer dies after collapsing in ring
- 11:36 Blyth students enjoy a trip to New York
- 11:36 Shane Long: This is what Seamus Coleman was like on the field after...
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:32 Traffic lights on A590 at Lindal still in place
- 11:32 Chocolate bars could get smaller after Brexit warns Cadbury
- 11:31 Horror as abandoned Bulldog is found with horrific skin condition