Myanmar says nine police killed by insurgents on Bangladesh border
Myanmar said at least nine police officers were killed and four were wounded Sunday in multiple assaults on border guard posts along the Southeast Asian nation's troubled frontier with Bangladesh.
Eight attackers, identified only as "insurgent terrorists," but believed by officials to belong to a Muslim group, were killed and two were captured alive in clashes in the western state of Rakhine since the early hours of Sunday, national police chief Zaw Win told a press conference.
Rakhine is home to about 1.1 million members of the mostly Muslim Rohingya ethnic group, most of whom... read more
- 08:59 Households watching pirate TV can expect a scary letter through the...
- 08:59 Manchester United showed ‘lack of class’ against Liverpool, says...
- 08:59 Man who killed three members of Sheffield family appeals against...
- 08:59 UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with...
- 08:59 How to stop all nuisance calls
- 08:58 Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons - Lavrov
- 08:58 Pound recovers ahead of May Brexit speech
- 08:58 How to order a martini: 7 gin martini types you need to know
- 08:58 Flamingo Land zoo column with Lindsay Taylor
- 08:57 Busker on board Leeds buses to shine a light on mental health
- 08:57 Karen Gillan on Tupperware Party, Inverness and Avengers
- 08:56 Snapped: West Ham outcast dons new club's kit after completing...
- 08:55 School remains closed over building's safety fears
- 08:54 Give rugby club a try and help secure its future
- 08:53 Pat Nevin makes huge claim about Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 08:53 Appeal after crashed car is found abandoned on Amounderness Way
- 08:53 Robinson steps down as Hartlepool Rovers coach, Benson takes charge
- 08:52 Greggs sales boosted by demand for healthier snacks
- 08:52 Revealed: Rick Astley & more in Harrogate Theatre's new season
- 08:51 Arnfield verus Hall re-match is on
- 08:51 Club confirms talks over Chelsea deal: This would be huge
- 08:51 Greg’s yellow card collection is costly
- 08:51 Fran calls time on career
- 08:51 Brig boss wields the axe as striker Ben departs
- 08:49 Council tax to rise in Calderdale - but services will be cut
- 08:49 Louis van Gaal opens up about 'difficult' six months at Manchester...
- 08:48 Revealed: Rick Astley & more in Harrogate Theatre's new season
- 08:48 Breaking news: Live updates for Derby and Derbyshire
- 08:48 Rail death halts trains between Bradford and Ilkley
- 08:48 Surge in littering fines as Northampton Borough Council cracks down...