'My mouldy house left me bedridden': Woman claims damp triggered her rare condition which means she feels dizzy whenever she stands up
A woman has claimed that her mouldy house has triggered a rare illness that has left her bedridden and unable to stand.
Valentina Strelelenskaia would spend 22 hours a day in bed for more than a year after being struck down by a rare condition.
The 37-year-old, from Sydney, suffers from Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (PoTS), which means that every time she stands up, her heart rate speeds up, causing her to pass out.
'Every day was a nightmare knowing that I was unable to stand without my body feeling terrible,' she said.
'I got sick when I moved into an old building which had mould all over... read more
- 12:57 Here’s the ‘I like Corbyn… but’ website Theresa May mentioned in PMQs
- 12:57 Home Office tells EU nationals not to apply for permanent UK residency
- 12:57 New bus depot café serves up a journey back in time
- 12:56 Man Utd ask James Rodriguez to do something unusual for transfer:...
- 12:56 HGV driver fined over tachograph
- 12:54 McDonald's offers all staff an end to zero-hours contracts
- 12:54 Liverpool 14-0 Establishment: How the Hillsborough Inquests verdict...
- 12:54 Nuns invade Tad restaurant
- 12:53 VIDEO: Heart-stopping moment driver-less car rolls into on-coming...
- 12:53 Worker injured in South Yorkshire factory raid
- 12:52 Spurs' boss Mauricio Pochettino reacts to Dele Alli Man City...
- 12:52 Gary Neville: This player should be Man United's next captain
- 12:51 Blurton death update: Paramedics found man, 63, unconscious at house
- 12:51 Charity Wellingborough to Rushden barrow push raises £600
- 12:51 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Hughes backing, skipper...
- 12:50 Hummus crisis? What hummus crisis?
- 12:50 Worker injured in South Yorkshire factory raid
- 12:50 Nuns invade Tad restaurant
- 12:48 East Kilbride keeper gets his wish as he faces old club Buckie in...
- 12:48 British American says 2017 trading in line with expectations
- 12:48 Woman who died after burst football row was not originally thought...
- 12:47 The strangest skyscraper concept yet? Bizarre 'Pod Vending Machine'...
- 12:47 Malicious apps posing as Pokemon Go and Fifa gaming guides have...
- 12:47 New home in Ulverston secures future of Furness roller derby teams
- 12:46 Fancy a Big Mac at home - it could happen under new delivery plans
- 12:45 Who is standing for election in Misterton division?
- 12:44 Coronation Street grooming plot: Chris Harper burst into TEARS...
- 12:43 Manchester United hold Jan Oblak transfer talks with agent this week
- 12:43 Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund bidding to save seasons in...
- 12:43 P&G's third-quarter profit declines 8.3 percent