My kidneys have failed, and I know my kids face the same fate
Mandy was born with a disease that caused both her kidneys to fail After years of pain and dialysis, she has just had a kidney transplant Her mother, brother and two sisters have the same condition Mandy found out her two youngest children have inherited the disease Mandy Littlewood is sitting on a park bench with her husband John, their two small dogs are chasing each other up and down the sloping field.
"The kids love to come down and play here as soon as they get home from school," Mandy says.
"It's so convenient as it's just down the road from our house."
But she... read more
- 00:10 MRIs could ‘change equation’ for prostate cancer screening
- 00:08 How former Leeds sewage works turned into a top retail spot for...
- 00:08 England U19 3-0 Spain U19: Trent Alexander-Arnold scores brace to...
- 00:08 RFU chiefs planning big change for the Six Nations but players...
- 00:08 Man United star David De Gea: This is the best thing about Jose...
- 00:06 REVEALED: These are the 10 CHEAPEST European city breaks for UK...
- 00:06 Will Brexit hinder Yorkshire’s efforts to tackle human trafficking?
- 00:05 Glasgow and Edinburgh worst offenders in food hygiene standards
- 00:05 Scots teachers subject to ‘vicious’ online abuse from parents
- 00:00 Smalling knock gives Gibson first England call
- 00:00 Essential essence of Loud Women in twenty-one terrific tracks
- 00:00 Searching for unity, home and abroad
- 00:00 Facing up to capitalist realities
- 00:00 City fined €18k for Champions League offences
- 00:00 Hockey chiefs turn to knobstick team
- 00:00 A new dawn after all this wait?
- 00:00 Gutenberg’s dubious legacy
- 00:00 The passing of Martin McGuinness
- 00:00 Martin McGuinness: The man and the contradiction
- 00:00 Solidarity with Venezuela
- 00:00 Ireland: Communists pay tribute to McGuinness
- 00:00 Brazil: Attorney-general calls for wider corruption probe
- 00:00 US: Nunes agrees to answer committee
- 00:00 Measly 1% NHS pay offer angers union
- 00:00 Scotland: Anti-racists to protest against neonazi march
- 00:01 Danny Houghton and Jake Connor injury updates after Hull FC beat...
- 00:00 1 million car industry jobs at risk
- 23:59 Lewis Hamilton scorches but F1 is crying out for a Ferrari revival...
- 23:59 England yobs in the dock over Martin McGuinness chant as footage...
- 23:59 Eric Dier reveals his relief after anxious phone call to his mum in...