'My heart literally skipped a beat': Sir David Attenborough fans panic after misreading RRS for RIP
Some fans went into shock today after misreading a banner which they thought implied Sir David Attenborough was dead.
The 90-year-old naturalist, who grew up in Leicester, appeared on Good Morning Britain to mark the day construction began on the £200 million polar research ship which the nation named RRS David Attenborough earlier this year.
But, some viewers were mortified when they misread a banner as "RIP David Attenborough".
"Totally misread the trend "RRS Sir David Attenborough" just then. Thought it said RIP," said one audience member.
"Definitely... read more
- 16:05 This is how much money West Brom spent on injured players
- 16:05 Co-op homes plan at next stage
- 16:05 New chapter for Keyworth Library
- 16:05 Inside historic Notts firm that makes 'world's best' cricket bats...
- 16:05 Aqua Park Rutland is opening tomorrow and tickets are still available
- 16:04 Wasps v Exeter: Pupils give players big send-off ahead of...
- 16:04 Celebs to cook up a storm at Preston city centre event
- 16:04 Family return to their chippy - 25 years on
- 16:04 Drunk airline passenger jailed for causing mayhem on flight after...
- 16:04 City-centre business on the up with investment worth £1.3m
- 16:04 ‘And I will walk 5,000 miles in dad’s memory ‘
- 16:04 General Election 2017: Who will win in Coventry?
- 16:04 Friends of park throw a carnival
- 16:04 ‘There was dust and screams’- man relives bombing attack
- 16:04 POLL: How will you vote in the 2017 general election?
- 16:03 Plan for new Carlisle city centre multi-storey car park unveiled
- 16:03 Flash sale for Preston Race for Life sign-up
- 16:03 Learning the ropes at yacht club
- 16:02 A see-through hospital and three other things we learned from...
- 16:02 Manchester terror attack: Heartbroken partner of Sheffield woman...
- 16:02 ELECTION 2017:Fact Check - if 30% more people under 25 vote, could...
- 16:02 Liverpool’s Darren Till looking to make a big comeback at...
- 16:01 Snooker room plan is rejected
- 16:01 School is moving in right direction says inspector
- 16:01 Friends of park throw a carnival
- 16:01 ‘There was dust and screams’- man relives bombing attack
- 16:00 Bomb squad called to Burnley street
- 15:59 Protect your family from danger
- 15:59 Oversold - Oil traders punish OPEC for promising too much
- 15:57 Snooker room plan is rejected